Discuss East West Split - 4000TL - My PV system - Take a look!! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

matt25

Just thought I’d share some info on the Pv system at my house, click on this link to view My PV System.
The above link (fingers crossed it works) is to sunny portal where pretty much everything inc photo’s can be found, hopefully it will be of use to someone somwhere but much of it will probably find you waking up in front of your laptops! If you have any suggestions please let me know as it is the first time I’ve used the software and its associated hardware. Data is only recorded from the start of July ’12 so it’s still work in progress. Sma advised sunny portal is running slow at the moment due to maintenance and upgrades which means it should also become a bit more responsive in the near future.
Basically it comprises of an SMA 4000tl and 20 Bosch M195 modules at 30deg, 10 facing near enough east and the other 10 near enough west, it was commissioned on the 4[SUP]th[/SUP] Dec 2011. For the first 6 months of its life the total generation was 1745 kWh, SAP had predicted 2849 kWh for the year, PV*Sol 2402 kWh/year and Sunny Design 2776 kWh/year so hopefully all targets should be met. From looking at sunny explorer the most profitable days so far were during May, where on a couple of occasions it produced 24kWh, during this same month it peaked for a short while at at 3156watts.

Oh and after building up some credit with BG my electricity bill has gone from £50p/m to £10! If it balances out at £25 i'll be happy. I have recieved two cheques to date, first quarter £117.51 and second £504.94

As mentioned all comments/questions/suggestions are most welcome.

very close up lol!! when ive brought my helicopter from energy savings i'll post some long distance ones.....very long distance!

did you view the photo slideshow tab?? it took me ages to work out how to do it!

Surprised you have not had many comments, what a nice neat install, well done.
I struggle to see why more can not be done like this, nice to see some pride being taken.

Surprised you have not had many comments, what a nice neat install, well done.
I struggle to see why more can not be done like this, nice to see some pride being taken.

well said and well done to the OP nice to see some quality for a change you get what you pay for..

Thank you for the kind comments. I am not the most technical person in the world, not even a qualified electrician (as many would have noticed!) but like things being done correctly. Whether its a book shelf, a radiator or pv panel there is a correct way to fit everything, despite this everyone also makes honest mistakes and deserve credit for putting things right.
If everyone treated all projects like their own home it would be a much better industry, not tarnished by the horror stories that crop up every so often. But as you know, this unfortunitly happens in all trades so im glad to have got some very good people working alongside me, which helps minimise any stupid errors. This forum is also a great source of knowledge, keep up the good work please!!! I have got the initial MCS assesment on solar thermal next month, that should be fun!!

if you buy enough of them from sma you can have your own company name on them!!

Thanks for sharing the East-West live example.
Proof that this Orientation works!

I am not surprised that you exceed targets in the summer months when the sun is higher and less shadowing.

Anybody know of similar "Live" sites to compare East-West installations with two inverters?

Cheers Steve - would be grateful if you could post the results.

Our system on our office building is 9.45 kWp. In 2012, not only did we exceed SAP by >20 percent, but we also exceeded our capacity by 2 percent for an annual total of 9.66 mW.
We have an East-West facing building with approximately 8 degree slope. We placed the panels on 20 degree angled brackets facing due South.

Graphics

East West Split - 4000TL - My PV system - Take a look!! Playfords 2012  - EletriciansForums.net

Reply to East West Split - 4000TL - My PV system - Take a look!! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock