Discuss easy testing in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

carl sparks

hi guys i no u guys do testing day in and day out im only testing houses is there any sites on here to help me out with the testing side and the steps and stages r u could help me i just want to start the test with the right test i have a fluke 1652 :confused::confused:

hi mate have you not got any literature on the test procedures (i think thats what you mean?), if you want a rough idea on the sequence of test:

continuity of protective conductors, including main and​
supplementary bondin

continuity of ring final circuit conductors

insulation resistance

polarity

earth electrode resistance

earth fault loop impedance

prospective fault current

functional testing

Rcd tests

prob got these in wrong order but these are what you need to be doing, hope this helps

cheers sparky u all ways help me out :) i just panic about everything i just like to be doing things right and not the cow boy way i like to keep asking things to reasure my self cant wait 4 niccy to come:D

no worries carl i was a nervous wreck when i was waiting for my assesment! the guys on here set me straight. what jobs have you got lined up for niccy, have you got an assesment date yet?

rich

Reply to easy testing in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I got a TEXT message (i dont know them and i cant find out who they are from the phone number) "Hi speaking from Indeed Are you available to give...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, sorry if posting in the wrong section. I am due to start 2391-52 course soon, and there seems to be from what I have found out, a 3 phase...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Been a while since I have been on here. I have been on an apprenticeship the last 3 years training in the BMS world. Taking that into...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. Having a weird problem in a house that has suddenly happened. One half of the ring main has 240ish volts (fluctuates of course), and...
Replies
Views
Has anyone here got experience of doing a soil / earth resistance survey for the design of a large-ish site? We might be looking at a fenced area...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock