Discuss EasyCert alternative in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
I need some software to do my certs on and would like to know what alternatives there are to EasyCert? The software is great but as a sole trader the licensing is a bit of a joke/rip off. What options are there out there?

Cheers...

I use easycert as a sole trader. What's the bit you are finding expensive ?

Popular alternatives are electraform at £1/cert but web based, vespula, and icertifi for ipad.
Certsure, Napit, and Stroma all have their own software too for members.

I use easycert as a sole trader. What's the bit you are finding expensive ?

Popular alternatives are electraform at £1/cert but web based, vespula, and icertifi for ipad.
Certsure, Napit, and Stroma all have their own software too for members.

I was about to (and may still have to) buy EasyCert for £175 and possibly the Android add on for £50 extra, fair enough. Then I noticed that when I am working away I can't use EasyCert on my Laptop unless I pay them another £95 for that machine. As a sole trader I am now expected to pay for 3 licenses and the bill has shot up from £175 to over £300 and on top of that I need to buy multi user customer care packages every year (more additional expense) because I have multiple licences that I was forced to buy. It is just me and I just want an easy way to fill out my certs, Tysoft seem to think I am a cash cow to be milked...

I am with Stroma and their software is sadly hopeless, you can't even manually enter an address and when you are in the sticks the postcode database isn't always perfect. My own home/office is not on the postcode database so I can't even enter my own address properly on Stroma's offering.

I was about to (and may still have to) buy EasyCert for £175 and possibly the Android add on for £50 extra, fair enough. Then I noticed that when I am working away I can't use EasyCert on my Laptop unless I pay them another £95 for that machine. As a sole trader I am now expected to pay for 3 licenses and the bill has shot up from £175 to over £300 and on top of that I need to buy multi user customer care packages every year (more additional expense) because I have multiple licences that I was forced to buy. It is just me and I just want an easy way to fill out my certs, Tysoft seem to think I am a cash cow to be milked...

I am with Stroma and their software is sadly hopeless, you can't even manually enter an address and when you are in the sticks the postcode database isn't always perfect. My own home/office is not on the postcode database so I can't even enter my own address properly on Stroma's offering.

Ah I see. Yes if you have the mobile version you need the yearly care package to sync it with other devices via their cloud service. I'm not sure if any of the other options I listed offer similar multi device packages.

I get round it by using a small laptop on site then plug it into a dock at home to use with a standard keyboard and monitor, so only one license and no mobile version. Only bought one years care package in four years, and that gave me the 18th edition updates. So total cost for four years has been £280-ish inc vat.

Shineforms does seem OK but it would be nice if their website clearly set out the difference between the Lite and Premium versions. I have asked their support but if Lite is a simple form filler and record keeper (all I want) then £75 is a bargain.

I use the Napit Mobile app.
Actually very good, once the cert is mastered it then gets emailed to the client, building control or whoever else needs a copy.

If you wait awhile, you could be using Napits software soon, if the rumours are to be believed!

Ah I see. Yes if you have the mobile version you need the yearly care package to sync it with other devices via their cloud service. I'm not sure if any of the other options I listed offer similar multi device packages.

I get round it by using a small laptop on site then plug it into a dock at home to use with a standard keyboard and monitor, so only one license and no mobile version. Only bought one years care package in four years, and that gave me the 18th edition updates. So total cost for four years has been £280-ish inc vat.

I went with Shineforms and I like it BUT I have now found out that if you don't renew it at full price every year then Shineforms will stop working. £75 a year soon starts to make in expensive compared to EasyCert and, providing it is good software, there really isn't much support required to fill in forms.

Be careful everyone. Shimeform are not selling you the software, they are selling you a 12 month licence.

Reply to EasyCert alternative in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock