Discuss Ec7 meter install DNO in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

That would be their supplier not the DNO for a meter and tariff change.

Is it not the electricity suppliers now that do the meters ie the ones that the custumer pays for the electricity (not the dno)

Sorry yes the meter company and DNO commonly the same in this part of the world (scottish power) but different departments. Any one else heard suppliers not willing to change to ec7?

Yep,they make the rules up,as they go along.....some folk end up having to pay the same rate on both meters? ...smart? ....no,it most certainly is not?

Does this customer currently have EC7 with another energy supplier?
Do they have existing storage heating or are they installing it?

No there is just a standard meter at the moment, the house is old and used to run off a back boiler. The renovation was going to include a direct thermal store and 2x storage heaters. Hence why we need the ec7 metering installed!

Found the issue with S.P and EC7

They don't have any new EC7 meters to fit and won't buy any old type.
They won't fit used / removed ones.
They are still testing Smart Meters with EC7 capability.

So if you don't already have EC7 with S.P, you can't have it.
Looks like find a supplier that can fit EC7 meters, either Smart or new old type.

Found the issue with S.P and EC7

They don't have any new EC7 meters to fit and won't buy any old type.
They won't fit used / removed ones.
They are still testing Smart Meters with EC7 capability.

So if you don't already have EC7 with S.P, you can't have it.
Looks like find a supplier that can fit EC7 meters, either Smart or new old type.

This is both shameful,and,hilarious,bearing in mind the first stated completion date for the "smart" meter roll-out....

I'm sure I've seen dual tariff smart meters with two outputs ?

You probably have, I saw it in another link somewhere that other Energy suppliers are using them.
On page 2 of the link in my post, there's a post suggesting S.P can't read EC7 Smarts correctly so it must be their software that's still being tested not the EC7 Smart meter.

I think the one I saw was Eon, with a 100a contactor supplying the E7 heating board when energised by the meter. That was a Proteus, but didn't seem to have melted at that time. :D

Yep,me folks were with Eon,on an E10 tariff,which is spread over three time periods in 24 hours.....BADoOING! is the noise,the contactor makes when switching ;)

Reply to Ec7 meter install DNO in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock