uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss economy 7 in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

Ross Trician

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Morning all,

can someone tell me if it is possible to force on an economy 7 supply for storage heaters?

I am going to look at a heater for someone that they say isn't working but then it occured to me that there will be no supply to it in the day when I am there.

I am not familiar with economy 7 at all and dont recall ever working on it other than to remove it when someon had cental heating installed.

thanks for any help, Ross.

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
P

Paul_Rawlinson

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
yes you can. is much easier on the old mechanical time switch, simply open the cover and there is a slide switch say 'off' 'on' and 'auto'. will prob be set to auto.

simply slide it to the on position. when u've done and you slide it back to auto it will stay on untill the next off time (which you prob dont want). so slide it to the off postion then to the auto position. the heaters with then stay off until its time for them to come on

Your not really supposed to open the meters, and will prob be sealed. no one seams to care these days tho

hope it helps

K

Kevin

I use a length of flex connected to a plug top on one end, then undo the double pole switch and disconnect the off peak feed and connect the flex, then just plug it in, works a treat and you also check the d/p switch is working at the same time.

G

GAZHUDDS

Just done a rewire and i need to connect the economy 7 back to the seperate Cu. But I dont have a clue what goes where. Ive 4 terminals at the suppliers economy 7 meter live supply, 80 a load which are obvious. the other 2 are RXN and 2A tarrif terminals, where do these go?

Figured it out now

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to economy 7 in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
Top Bottom