JIB Electrotechnical Certification Scheme (ECS) ECS and JIB card

Discuss ECS and JIB card in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

pineappletree

This has confused the hell out of me.

Tell me if this is correct, you cant get a JIB card without a ECS card, and you cant get an ECS card unless your working?

Or am i missing the point?

Im 26 and just completed the level 2 2330 so does that mean im a electrical improver?

Well, going by their definitions you would probably only get a labourers card, unfair I know but NVQ is the key.

Sometimes you can get a reference from your gaffer reccomending you for a higher grade but you still need at least some of the required qualies.

The ECS is a seperate health and safety exam that is needed to gain entry to some larger construction sites.

Well, going by their definitions you would probably only get a labourers card, unfair I know but NVQ is the key.

Sometimes you can get a reference from your gaffer reccomending you for a higher grade but you still need at least some of the required qualies.

The ECS is a seperate health and safety exam that is needed to gain entry to some larger construction sites.

I know but for some reason JIB are saying you need the ECS before they give you the JIB card.

Yes thats right, you need to have completed the ECS exam or have a valid exemption from it (i.e NVQ 3) as the card is CSCS affiliated and shows you have a level of H&S awareness. This also governs how long the card is valid for, 3 years.

The grade of card then depends on the qualies you have.

Yes thats right, you need to have completed the ECS exam or have a valid exemption from it (i.e NVQ 3) as the card is CSCS affiliated and shows you have a level of H&S awareness. This also governs how long the card is valid for, 3 years.

The grade of card then depends on the qualies you have.

So what about this damn VBS screening now? Why do we need an enhanced disclosure for the damn thing? Most of us are never going to be working with vulnerable adults and kids

the crb check is an extra that you can add on if you want to. useful if you are doing works in old peoples homes schools etc. it is not compulsory but like i say useful. i have had 2 disclosures in previous jobs and find them useful when going for job interviews etc and another use if i were self employed i would have the crb check added to my jib card to show to customers maybe puts their mind at ease especially when installing alarms and working with older people. the thing with the crb check is it is only like an mot as good as the day it was done. ie you may be asked for another as there is no time limit on them.

CRB Checks for Electrotechnical Certification Scheme (ECS) members

The cost for an ECS CRB card is as follows:

With an ECS CRB Photocard

CRB Fee - £36.00
Administration charge - £9.50 + VAT
CRB Photo Identity Card - £10.50 + VAT

The overall total charge including VAT (@17.5%) is £59.50.

Without an ECS CRB Photocard

CRB Fee - £36.00
Administration Charge - £9.50 + VAT

The overall total charge including VAT (@17.5%) is £47.17.

Last edited by a moderator:
didn`t need mine mate i had a valid nvq exemption, if i were you i would give them a call from what i remember they do take a bit to come through but 2 months is a long time.

I done the ecs test while unemployed, so no you dont need to be working to do it.

you will also as said get a laborers card from the jib, as you have not yet met the criteria for electrician status.

Reply to ECS and JIB card in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net