Scolmore Electrical Products
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Ecs card in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

burt

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi, I have been working as an electrician for over twenty years on smaller sites. I have part p with Elecsa, 2391, 17th edition etc. I just applied for an ecs card and was given a marine electricians card based on my royal navy apprenticeship. Does anyone know if this allows me to work on a large site? It has my 2391 qualification listed on the back. I got it yesterday and was slightly disappointed as I was after an installation electricians card

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
As far a I know regardless pf the grading if you have ECS card you can enter any site.

Don't worry about the job title on the card. The JIB grading is somewhat obscure. I am classified as an electrical fitter. I am happy with it, despite 2391, 2377 and 2382.

B

burt

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I can just see them looking around for a ship

A

alarm man

cant see any problems really,the jib grade is what they class you as,mine says installation electrcian,even tho i spent most of my time working on ships,these days a jib marine electcrian card might open a few more doors than the install elec'.imo

B

burt

Thanks for the replies. I did actually feel like I'd wasted my time getting it. You spoke about working on ships, was that In the navy or civilian. I hadn't considered working on ships. I left the navy 25 years ago but it's an interesting idea.

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools

Reply to Ecs card in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
Top Bottom