Discuss ECS/CSCS card in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

L

lee

ello

well i'm on the back end of my training course and i'm looking for work still. . .no joy on that front so my next thing is to get in the an agency (got to start somewhere)

i'm phone round and sked if i have one of these 2 cards "ECS/CSCS" my reply is short but not so sweet "no"

as you can guess i'm getting nowhere with out one and i cannot affored to be out of work for much longer!!

So my question to the group as google keeps sending me all over the web is

wheres the place i should be looking and who should i be asking to gat one of these cards i know i have to sit a test that should not be too bad.

all i need is pointing the right way

many thanks lee

The CSCS card is actually £35. I am changing jobs and have been told I need one so just applied to sit the exam. Takes up to 3 weeks to get results through too so bear that in mind.

Sorry to ressurect this thread from the dead but better than starting a new one.

Is this test plain and simple? Just about to book myself on it and wondering whether I should the booklet to revise but if it's a general test I imagine it's going to be logic and common sense really?

Sorry, was meant to say, "whether I should buy the booklet to revise"

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers Ian.

Is it basic straight forward though or do you need to revise?

It's primarily for site H&S yes?

It is actually incredibly easy. I got the book to revise from and used it to cram for 20 mins before the exam. It is common sense really. I passed and decided not to go with the company asking for the card and have not been asked for it since. Typical!

It is actually incredibly easy. I got the book to revise from and used it to cram for 20 mins before the exam. It is common sense really. I passed and decided not to go with the company asking for the card and have not been asked for it since. Typical!

i know i did it as well and got a 100% in it.

also the examiner said the quickest anybody had done it was 8mins................ it took me 7 mins it really is that easy.

I currently have a CSCS card but would like to change if an ECS card, does anyone know how I can do this, or do I have to re-sit another exam?

Many Thanks

You have to take the ECS exam mate.They do it in Swindon,booked in to do mine on the 2nd July at SEC offices in Dorcan:D

hi

i`m just about to start my 3rd year at college, just need a little advised on which card to take and does it matter.

i dont know which one to go for will the CSCS card still allow me to work as an electrician as i'm looking to work on domestic rather than commercia.

or do i have to do the ECS

thank you

Phil

2 years down the line, he's probably got it by now.

Reply to ECS/CSCS card in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock