Discuss ECS/CSCS card in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

for the ecs card, go to ECA website. details of how to obtain ecs card are all there. costs about £35 and it's a 1 day , at several locations. nearest to me is Lymm, nr. manchester.

so..what do you think of this : £2.5 k for a 2330 course ,2 years of driving to college 3 times a week in the evenings.get cert feel relieved? of course.try to get a ecs card ..ecs.org says "since you have no nvq you'l only get a LABOURERS grade oh and i'tl cost you more than a standard card £18 more" ..WTF? you kidding me? i think its discraceful.

Hi all..
Because im losing my mind now with this ecs card thingy...

I'm from Greece and I've moved to Glasgow this summer. I've tried to find a job through job centers and agencies and I haven't received a single response since.
I started looking around google on how to work as an electrician or as an electrician's mate here and I found that i have to get an ECS card. Even if i wanted
to work at a manual labour work needed that ecs card since most of the jobs require that .I booked an ECS asseessment for the 14th of December. I just received the Certification that I have passed through mail.

So now...I searched high and I searched low...and I've found that i have to do another qualification - BS 7671.(oh god). After reading through the net I've realised that the whole material in that course/qualification are things that I've mostly done in the 4 year vocational school back in Greece.

So... do I have to do a BS 7671 now? I mean, even if i want to work for anything else that asks just an ECS/CSCS Card (most jobs were saying: requirements: ECS/CSCS card
even for manual labour work).Can anyone help me? And whats the difference between ECS and CSCS cards?

ECS is the electrical version of cscs. Operated by the Jib. These cards aren't new and have been around for at least 10 years. They are only required for work on construction sites not in domestic premises that aren't a building site or end user works.

one of the easiest exams you could sit, multiple choice and common sense ! although you will not get an electricians grade card without 2330 or equivalent, 17th edition, am2/NVQ3 so 2330 alone is not adequate for electricians grade card! if you only want electrical labourer or trainee anyone can get one! if you have any queries get on the JIB website and email them, they will give you concise information on where you need to go and what you need to do.

Reply to ECS/CSCS card in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net