Discuss ECS Gold card in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Just wondered if anyone knows whether its worth applying for a change of ecs card after passing 2394/5 exams.
Do they just add it to the back of the gold card or does the front state something different & also cost & waiting time
Tried ringing them, but their phone lines are as much use as an ash tray on a motorbike
Cheers

Just goes on the back, unless you are asking to be changed from installation to approved.
I think it costs?
Can wait until it needs renewing and get it added then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers spinlondon, Im not sure what the requirements are for a change from goldcard installation sparks to an approved card are. For example I have my 17th & my 2394/5 is that good enough & do you think its worth the hassle?
Cheers

Cheers spinlondon, Im not sure what the requirements are for a change from goldcard installation sparks to an approved card are. For example I have my 17th & my 2394/5 is that good enough & do you think its worth the hassle?
Cheers

If you already satisfy the requirements for an installation electrician grade card then with the 2394/5 on top you would be graded as an approved electrician if you applied for it.

Cheers guys, Although I just noticed they require me to have worked with the installation electrician for 2 years immediately prior to the JIB status request. Ive been out of the game for a while, no idea what proof they ask for of this !!!

Hmmm, I only just bothered to get the electricians card, but been in the game for 34 years & was NICEIC qualifying manager for a company for 10 years. These JIB mob sure have some dumb arse ideas. But seems none of us have any options but to play by their rules !!! & from what you say, would mean I have to wait 2 years for card upgrade?

I think, it just means you should have held the Installation grade for two years?

Reply to ECS Gold card in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net