JIB Electrotechnical Certification Scheme (ECS) Ecs & jib

Discuss Ecs & jib in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

ryan2486

HI...ive completed my level 3 2330 and the 17th edition. doing my 2391 in september.does anybody know if i was to apply for a jib card now. what grade would i get? ive been doing electrical work for 5 years now. thanks for your help.

You should both get Senior Graded Electrical Trainee because you do not possess the NVQ L3 2356 of which is a requirement to get graded as Electrician by the JIB.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

If you have 2330 levels 2 and 3 then you should be getting that grade. You read a lot of posts on here and some people say its just pot luck what you get which is stupid.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Im sure if you had NVQ3 and level 3 you d be better of then me now.
All JIB care about is the NVQ and im sure many will say there right.
But. I know plenty of sparks that are the dogs but cant get a card because they didnt complete/Couldnt complete there nvq.
I started form the bottom got all my certs because i thought the next 1 made me more employable, Now iv hit the NVQ wall. Im pushing 40, There arent any jobs for s sparky let alone a me.
To old to a sparkys bitch/apprentice, Not that its there as a option.
Every job i see wants a JIB card, It used to be 2391, iv got now, its JIB card!
And after all that they(agencys) want to pay £11 for JIB grade with 2391.
Im sure if i did 2 years training at tesco's i could earn that without spending the cash i have!
MOAN over!

Im sure if you had NVQ3 and level 3 you d be better of then me now.
All JIB care about is the NVQ and im sure many will say there right.
But. I know plenty of sparks that are the dogs but cant get a card because they didnt complete/Couldnt complete there nvq.
I started form the bottom got all my certs because i thought the next 1 made me more employable, Now iv hit the NVQ wall. Im pushing 40, There arent any jobs for s sparky let alone a me.
To old to a sparkys bitch/apprentice, Not that its there as a option.
Every job i see wants a JIB card, It used to be 2391, iv got now, its JIB card!
And after all that they(agencys) want to pay £11 for JIB grade with 2391.
Im sure if i did 2 years training at tesco's i could earn that without spending the cash i have!
MOAN over!

easy thing to do the nvq,, trust me it is real easy via quickstep.

opens a lot of doors once you have the card.

Last edited:
would an nvq level 2 electrical engineering, 16th , 17th edition , nvq c & g 2356 , 2391-10, 2391-20 and 2377-12 and h&s course and 12 years in the trade be enough to get an approved card or is there any more hoops to jump through

Reply to Ecs & jib in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net