Discuss ECS Sponsor in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Could really do with some info with reference to section 10 for an ECS card. Do I Have to have a Sponsor/Employer to obtain the adult trainee graded card?

I am currently self employed working on a casual basis, mainly on domestic properties. I have 2330 level 2 and 3 and will be starting 17th edition in september. I have passed the ECS safety test. Could I sign this section with me being self-employed ? If I dont want the JIB grading do I have to complete this section at all?

I am applying for jobs daily, not having the ECS or CSCS card is letting me down. Can anyone give me the best advice on which route to take just to get onto a site.

Thank you all in advance your time is appreciated.

EJ

I've only applied forthe gold card, but I didn't require a sponser/employer for that.
I can't remember whether I put on the form self employed or not, most probablly did.
I put as little down as possible when re-newing, as I worry that they may refuse to re-new, as I don't have a 25yards breast stroke certificate or something.

Thanks for your reply.

It is becoming very confusing to say the least. Every time I print the application form of I become even more confused.

I shall fill in as little as possible see what they send back ? unless anyone has any other suggestions.

ring them up it quicker lol

but the only ecs card you can get is a labourer one, coz u do not have nvq lvl3, so i think you do not need a spon/employer

yea an you will be waiting 6 weeks to get the card lol

Thank you for your replies, just rang them Johnuk and it is as you said, without a sponsor I will only be entitled to a labours card. I do have 2330 level 2 and 3 and should qualify for stage 2 adult trainee card but with no current employer or sponsor I shall settle for a labours card. Will get me on the sites can upgrade later.

Thank you

Reply to ECS Sponsor in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock