Discuss Edf energy at olympics - misleading solar pv info in the Solar PV Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Ian-LS

I have been at the olympics for the last week at stratford and spotted a display with solar panels so thought i'd see what their sales peoples knowledge was like. The first thing i did though was pick up their leaflet 'our solar pv prices are now lower than ever' you could generate up to £713 a year for up to 25 years and clearly was using 21p, 3.1p and 25 years for their calculations.

I was so annoyed that I asked a sales person why edf energys literature was out of date, to which they replied 'oh its just an estimate' but i said you are misselling to customers at the olympics by using 21p and 25 years for the FIT calculations.

I was tempted to remove all their literature and throw it in a bin but chose to instead tell them they need to yell every customer that the info is out of date. Not only that but they charge £6,999 for a 1.88 kWp PV system, you can get a 4 kW pv system for that price now

How hard would it be to update the literature they had as it was late May when the Aug 1st deadline was confirmed.

Is it worth reporting this to REAL even though its not actually edf energy that installs the panels?

OP
I

Ian-LS

I'll report it to REAL then. The solar pv prices listed are not estimates they are the prices their installers will be installing at. By ambitious i am assuming you mean expensive? £9,500 is way over priced but is by no means the most expensive price i have come across recently

SpitfireW'sale

Solar Guru
Yes, by ambitious I mean very expensive. I know of excellent installers who provide a fantastic service and top quality installation workmanship for £3K less than that who are struggling at the moment, so I'm amazed that companies are winning work for more than £9.5K!

Worcester

Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Solar Guru
Trainee Access
You should also report it to the ASA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electrician Talk