Discuss EDF not recieved paperwork, but FIT application. in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Customer just rang, was at work so not got all info, but the jist is he said there was a problem getting his FIT payment as EDF say they havent recieved the paperwork, i think they have received the FIT application forms because i emailed them, i think its the PV commission sheet and Electrical cert etc they haven't got, but i only post them in standard post.

just wanted to run this by you guys before i ring client and EDF tomorrow as im on me way home now.

The thing is please dont tell me that he wont or may not get the FIT payment at the time i sent the FIT form (29-02-2012) . i can see them refusing it, just wondering if i can argue to them that i sent the relevant forms or will send them again tomorrow if they havent got them.

any advice welcome

thanks
Grand

You need to clarify what they received and what they needed to receive. You only needed to send MCS certificate along with correctly completed FiT application form. You don't need to send all the DNO paperwork to the FiT provider. This sounds like it was before the days of needing EPCs and multiple installation declarations.

yeah it was sent on the 02/03/2012, its the FIT application, i forwarded the sent items,and forwarded the read receipt to them.

This is a receipt for the email message you sent to
<[email protected]> at 02/03/2012 11:55

This receipt verifies that the message has been displayed on the
recipient's computer at 02/03/2012 11:58

what more could i have done??

they say there is nothing on the system and tbh they dont give a damn, not helpful at all,

Someone I know had a piece of their paperwork incorrectly filled-in which caused a delay in processing. They received this email on 31st July from Southern Electric (SSE - Scottish & Southern Energy) in response to their FiT query:

No problem - your eligibility date which is the date from which you will start to receive payments, is the latter of the below:
  • first point of written contact (recorded email from you on 24/05/2012)
  • commissioning date of your system (09/05/2012)
  • EPC certificate date (15/05/2012)

Therefore your eligibility date for payments is 24/05/2012.

If you need anything further, please don't hesitate to let me know.

just another question, i only post the commission sheet , electrical cert ect to the DNO with standard post, i don't receive anything from them and don't know if the customers do that they have received the relevant paperwork, should you receive something and what happens it they dont get there's before 29 days.??

thanks
Grand

depends on the DNO, and depends what address you put on the form. We always put our address on the form so that we get sent the confirmation, then take a copy and forward it to the customer. If you've put the customers addy on it then they are hopefully getting a confirmation letter sent, but some DNOs don't seem to bother sometimes.

- - - Updated - - -

also, are EDF really only processing february now?

I've been using Good Energy since they were recommended on here and tbh have had nothing but bother with them. I'm still sorting out 4 applications and one was installed in Feb. They keep telling me they are busy but I can't quite see how they can still be busy with the current number of installations - not impressed I'm afraid.

Sounds like youve done everything correctly. You have proof it was sent and received before midnight on 2nd March. As long as you have all the proof and documents backed up to prove it was installed before 3rd march then edf haven't a leg to stand on to be honest.

If all else fails, contact ofgem.

on the email you sent, does it include the signed application form, the MCS certificate, and proof of ownership (ie receipt saying paid in full, or handover cert)?

If yes to all of the above, and you have a receipt showing they received it then there should be no problem.

If you didn't include any of those items you could have issues, and I'd definitely recommend appealing to their better nature as an approach, as IME EDF have been taking no prisoners of late with any application issues.

Then my above post stands. Take it to head if fits team at EDF Energy. I think we have his contact details but don't want to put it on a public forum

Chill Mate, I've had a few back where I hadn't put the customers address on the Invoice, just the name (slap), just sent it over and sorted, looks like you've sent all the right bits, take a deep breath and call them.

that'll be them daylight panels, work better in the rain you know.

As it happens we've got those systems on special offer this week only for just ÂŁ15,000, but I'll knock a grand off if you sign up in the next minute sir, time is money you know.

Reply to EDF not recieved paperwork, but FIT application. in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net