Discuss EIC and EICR issues in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

We get this a lot . I try and explain that the . original EICR cover the whole installation stating what is correct and well as what is wrong. The EIC and or minor works states that the observations( the wrong bits) have now been corrected . So now you have all paper work to confirm that the installation is safe .If they want an EICR then that's a separate job and should be charged for separately. Then you open a can of worms and find things that the first electrian missed and issue them an unsatisfactory report ?
Indeed. I think I've only ever issued about two "satisfactory" reports. And on those two I was probably being unduly generous.

We get this a lot . I try and explain that the . original EICR cover the whole installation stating what is correct and well as what is wrong. The EIC and or minor works states that the observations( the wrong bits) have now been corrected . So now you have all paper work to confirm that the installation is safe .If they want an EICR then that's a separate job and should be charged for separately. Then you open a can of worms and find things that the first electrian missed and issue them an unsatisfactory report ?
Thats pretty much word for word what I was trying to explain to the agent, all she kept banging on about was the guild of estate agents (who knew there was such a thing) not willing to accept anything other than a Satisfactory EICR.

Thats pretty much word for word what I was trying to explain to the agent, all she kept banging on about was the guild of estate agents (who knew there was such a thing) not willing to accept anything other than a Satisfactory EICR.
So do the repairs, issue mw cert or installation cert for what you have done.
Insert covering letter to say items 2 3 and 5 on original report have been repaired to a suitable standard.
Attach a quote for a full eicr.

Quids inn?

Just as we would with anyone who says that an installation does not comply, ask for the Guild guide lines that say they can not accept anything other than an EICR, incidentally I can't find any organisation called "The Guild of Estate Agents" there is a "Guild of Property Professionals" and I doubt if there is anything that specific within their constitution.

That's the problem with all electrical reports and certs, they are not easy for the layman to understand .all they know it has to say satisfactory on it. We could do with an official document in plain English that explains what paper work required for these scenarios. Then we can pass this to the customer and they don't just have to take our word for it .

Just as we would with anyone who says that an installation does not comply, ask for the Guild guide lines that say they can not accept anything other than an EICR, incidentally I can't find any organisation called "The Guild of Estate Agents" there is a "Guild of Property Professionals" and I doubt if there is anything that specific within their constitution.
That was it Mike. All I kept thinking of was The Disc world guild of assassins .

Turn it all around and put her on the spot and ask for a copy of the documentation that says they can only accept a "Satisfactory" EICR.

So do the repairs, issue mw cert or installation cert for what you have done.
Insert covering letter to say items 2 3 and 5 on original report have been repaired to a suitable standard.
Attach a quote for a full eicr.

Quids inn?
I’ve done the repairs James, Issued MW & EIC , shes come back and asked for a “satisfactory” EICR. I said if she wants another EICR in addition to the first one shes been issued (by another electrician) it’ll be £--- . I await her response. (and payment for the remedials)

Reply to EIC and EICR issues in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock