Discuss EIC for partial rewire in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Are you changing anything in the board for example swapping an mcb for rcbo.
If yes , then I would opt for an EIC

IF you are reusing the existing mcb then a MWC will do imo

• New - where the whole installation has been installed as new, if a complete rewire has been carried out.
  • Addition - applies if an existing installation has been modified by adding one or more new circuits.
  • Alteration - applies where one or more existing circuits have been modified or extended (for example to add a socket), or items such as a consumer unit (fusebox) and switching equipment have been replaced.
I think that for partial rewire and swapping the mcb and rcbo for that circuits that are being rewired is an EIC alteration?

• New - where the whole installation has been installed as new, if a complete rewire has been carried out.
  • Addition - applies if an existing installation has been modified by adding one or more new circuits.
  • Alteration - applies where one or more existing circuits have been modified or extended (for example to add a socket), or items such as a consumer unit (fusebox) and switching equipment have been replaced.
I think that for partial rewire and swapping the mcb and rcbo for that circuits that are being rewired is an EIC alteration?
I have to tick one of the 3 choises in EIC.I think the most appropriate is alteration.Am I t?
I have to tick one of the 3 choises in the EIC.
I think that the most appropriateis alteration. Am I correct?

Couldn't be new installation type cause is not a full rewire.
An EIC is, or can be, appropriate for any work, not exclusive to a full rewire. A MWC is only appropriate where the work does not extend to the provision of a new circuit and works beyond that.

You have, in effect installed 2 new circuits so an EIC is the certificate to use.

An EIC is, or can be, appropriate for any work, not exclusive to a full rewire. A MWC is only appropriate where the work does not extend to the provision of a new circuit and works beyond that.

You have, in effect installed 2 new circuits so an EIC is the certificate to use.
Ok understood. I have to tick one of the 3 choises in the EIC .Which one I tick?

As multimick says, alteration as you have altered existing circuits. To be honest those tick boxes are not really too worth being worried about as the lines between alterations and additions can often be blurry as in this case. What is more important is a clear description of the works in the appropriate section on the cert.

As multimick says, alteration as you have altered existing circuits. To be honest those tick boxes are not really too worth being worried about as the lines between alterations and additions can often be blurry as in this case. What is more important is a clear description of the works in the appropriate section on the cert.
OK. Thanks.I agree with you .

IMO, if you are renewing cables, length by length for the sake of damaged or faulty cabling then MWC. tin hat on
Disagree, 7/029Dave you will be removing an existing circuit, rewiring it with possible differing method of installation methods therefore EIC.

Reply to EIC for partial rewire in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock