Stroma Certification Scheme Eic not recognised- qualification

Discuss Eic not recognised- qualification in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Carried out a db replacement and obliviousy tested house, sockets off lights down etc a proper test.
Issued a Eic but estate agent want a eicr to rent property.
So I'm registed with stroma as domestic / industrial etc . But not to do eicr. As never took 2391.
I've got c+g 2360 level 3.

Can I fill a paper eicr cert out and issue this. We have 5 million public liability as a company.
In my eyes it's a domestic property a proper test / inspection has been carried out so no diiferce between eic or eicr.
Note I probably do 2 jobs like this for estate agents a year.

Anyone else had similar problems

Thanks

mothing to stop you doing a EICR as long as you are competent to do one.

So you put in a upgrade CU with out testing first....
Did visual check on lights switches etc all earths present, bonding in place etc . It's empty property so if was fault it would be put right.
Don't see why would need to test before changing boards.
Do a zs on circuits to prove what breaker what .
Change board
Then test fully.

Customer knows it will be right when we've finnished

So give them an EICR. I am afraid they are sticking to the ESPRS regs and can't see beyond that. You have all the info from the EIC so should be a quick matter. BUT...charge them extra for the EICR as it is extra work. £25 per circuit should make it worth your while. These guys are stupid but hey, just go along with it. You can do an EICR.

We have 5 million public liability as a company.
That covers you for damage, etc for the practical work done. It does not cover you for activities where you are providing a service, such as an EICR.
For this you also need PROFESSIONAL INDEMNITY insurance. Often this is just an extension to your existing PLI policy. It covers you if the advice you give on the report, etc turns out to be wrong.

So give them an EICR. I am afraid they are sticking to the ESPRS regs and can't see beyond that. You have all the info from the EIC so should be a quick matter. BUT...charge them extra for the EICR as it is extra work. £25 per circuit should make it worth your while. These guys are stupid but hey, just go along with it. You can do an EICR.
Be aware, if the letting agent is guided by the PRS they will not accept a certificate from anybody who is not on that list.

Be aware, if the letting agent is guided by the PRS they will not accept a certificate from anybody who is not on that list
Registration will allow your business to be listed on the Registered Competent Person Electrical website for landlords or their agents to search for electrical contractors registered to undertake Electrical Installation Condition Reporting in the Private Rented Sector in England. poppy cock , to make more money for them selfs .

Reply to Eic not recognised- qualification in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net