Discuss EIC Questions in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

i would reserve new installation for a complkete install/rewire. CU as alteration.

I normally put CU changes as new, due to the fact that I am fitting a "new" item. I not altering the wiring in any way.

Thats my take on it anyway, but I guess its your call and how you define it.

Sav

Awaiting to be corrected !!

Haha, love how everyone has a different take on categories. Maybe the IET could add a "New CU" box and make everybody's life simpler :)
Must admit, I normally have a new circuit to add whenever I carry out a CU change so I get the "addition" box to tick....but then again, it's an "alteration"........... :willy_nilly:

Alteration and annotated 'new CU fitted etc etc etc'.

I normally put CU changes as new, due to the fact that I am fitting a "new" item. I not altering the wiring in any way.

Thats my take on it anyway, but I guess its your call and how you define it.

Sav

Awaiting to be corrected !!
so if you have to extend the existing cable/s...is that not altering the wiring then?!!....

so if you have to extend the existing cable/s...is that not altering the wiring then?!!....
and if the cables dont need to be extended ?
It does happen you know.
like I said, its up to the installer to decide in their professional opinion.
I dont think there is a wrong answer here

and if the cables dont need to be extended ?
It does happen you know.
like I said, its up to the installer to decide in their professional opinion.
I dont think there is a wrong answer here
hmm....go on then....

Change a rewireable cu and to an 60898mcb / RCD type and you are affecting all circuits including ELI aswell as VD calcs altering the whole installation hence new regardless of pre existing wiring as its capability changes as a consequence .

Regardless of what you change, or what is affected, a new installation is just that... a completely new installation. That is what the form means at any rate, regardless of interpretation.

- - - Updated - - -

Can't see an issue. Self explanatary. You can always tick more than one.

As we often have to when online notifying :)

Reply to EIC Questions in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock