EIC

Discuss EIC in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

that the designer and installer intend to comply fully with the requirements of BS 7671: 2018 (as amended). All new and rewired installations designed after 31st December 2018 are, without exception, required to comply fully with the requirements of the amended standard. Where exceptionally, after that date, designers and/or installers decide to adopt alternative approaches for alterations and additions to existing installations, they must be recorded as departures from the current standard in the box provided for the purpose on electrical installation certificates based on the model form given in the BS 7671: 2018 (as amended). Where such an alternative approach is taken, the designer and/or installer (as appropriate) must be prepared to justify the decision, and the resulting degree of safety of the installation must not be less than that obtained by compliance with the amended standard.

please in light us about the reg .
411.3.3 Additional Protection

In A.C. systems, additional protection by means of an RCD in accordance with Regulation 415.1 shall be provided for.

Socket-outlets with a rated current not exceeding 32 A, and
Mobile equipment with a current rating not exceeding 32 A for use outdoors.

And exception to (i) is permitted:

Where, other than for an installation in a dwelling, a documented risk assessment determines that the RCD protection is not necessary.

Reply to EIC in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi guys, need a bit of advice, EICR was completed on the property which needed a new consumer unit and a few other bits like broken sockets and...
Replies
Views
Is it acceptable to lim on eic for supply characteristics? I had a job in a hospital today and I couldnt gain access to the Switch room and the...
Replies
Views
In my line of work it's very rare that I ever have to change a DB. I'm largely in maintenance; occasionally have to add new circuits etc. so in...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a property that I was looking to rent out. Its 12 years old property so relatively new. I had a EICR done from a qualified electrican...
Replies
Views
I've just started using the NAPIT forms for EIC's and EICR's and they are a bit cumbersome to be fair. Does anyone know which observation is for a...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock