Discuss EICR and trying to compete. in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

R

RISElectrical

Hi all,

Just a quick request, having looked on the net and failed i am looking for a pdf or the like that simply highlights what a EICR should include if done properly so that i can attach this to my quotes when submitting them to domestic customers. This is an attempt to highlight to them that a report done properly cant be done for the £65 being advertised in the paper or from the "local lad with a pad".

I have a feeling that 90% of customers opening my quote and reading £160+VAT then proceed to put it in the bin. I do always say on the quote that it allows for a minimum 5 hours onsite test and inspection and that i need access to all rooms etc but i am guessing this is skim read over when they have a quote for £65 offering the same (albeit with 1 hour onsite i am guessing)

Cheers

Green OSG Appendix G page 168 - 172.

As for whether or not you would be permitted to use it for the purpose you intend under copyright laws I don't know. But you could scan it in and enlarge to A4. I don't remember if the BGB has the model forms filled in or blank with out getting up and grabbing it off the shelf. (OSG was already beside me)

yeh simple house with no alterations past pirs, past electrical certificates , quick visual as walking around and test which doesnt mean they havent done it properly or against the regs.. sample testing, id say these people start their price from£69

Hi mate,

I ment more like an IET fact sheet, NICEIC or safety council guide etc. I toyed with the idea of sending a sample report however i figured that they would probably have seen them before be would just see a tick sheet and not the amount of work that has to go into a PIR to do it correctly.

Thanks

yeh simple house with no alterations past pirs, past electrical certificates , quick visual as walking around and test which doesnt mean they havent done it properly or against the regs.. sample testing, id say these people start their price from£69

I understand that, and if it was a house I had previously tested then that would be fine, personally i dont like to rely on previous PIRs too much and like to always do a comprehensive check as apposed to sample testing. My name on the cert so I would like an overall picture of what i am signing my name to. I would even go in the loft and have a good look around.

aye they just doing the bare minimum and to make money they arnt staying more than 2 hours..

there is a sheet your looking for floating around, that other members say they hand out, hang round and somone will point you where to find it

To make money on £69 a go you would have to be doing 3 a day min I would think and they would have to be very close together.

I'll hang round and hopefully someone can point me to it.

Thanks for your help

I did on the other day, for an estate/letting agent. I charge them between £80 and £100, I get the remedial works too, 90% of the time so it pays to be 'competitive' if you catch my drift.

I give reduced rates between £100-120 if doing any estate agent or existing customer works, again due to the repeat business aspect. However for the normal 1 offs i keep prices higher because of the unknown element and because i usually say that as a rule i wont quote for the remedial unless specifically asked to do so (conflict of interest/professionalism things)

Depends on the installation, Age, No of cicuits etc, evidence of alterations, I did a 2 bed flat the other week, 3 circuits, Ring,lights,cooker, hasnt been touched scince it was installed in the 60's---£90

Depends on the installation, Age, No of cicuits etc, evidence of alterations, I did a 2 bed flat the other week, 3 circuits, Ring,lights,cooker, hasnt been touched scince it was installed in the 60's---£90

Maybe i need to have a slightly reduced rates for flats, currently i just have a fixed rate for anything upto and including 3 bedrooms and then set charges on top of that for more than 10 circuits, extra rooms etc.

every situation is different.... dont wrap yourself up in a plan cause verylikey will go down the drain, just make money for your loved ones,

oj thats a cheap --- awnser

Reply to EICR and trying to compete. in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock