Discuss Eicr codes help in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

demkap

hi there,

would appreciate advise please...
im carrying out a condition report on a church and have found a number of interesting issues. i found quite a few DBs with asbestos in the fuse carriers... would you give this a C2 code even though they aren't being disturbed?

also found a 40amp breaker with a 6mm and a 2.5mm cable going into it.. what code would you advise for this?

also a ring circuit with a 3rd cable going into the 32amp breaker... i was thinking a C2?

emergency lights dont come on under fault conditions?

no rcd protection throughout but not likely to have equipment plugged in outside C3?

metal conduit being used as a CPC but i seem to be getting good continuity readings?

single socket having a ZS of 8ohms!? why would this be the case aswell... bad earth?

much appreciated

dem

Every coded observation you list should reference a regulation in BS7671.

• Asbestos in equipment ..... is this under the scope and remit of an EICR ?

• 2.5mm cable protected by 40A OCPD ...... what is the connected load ? Could it comply if the regulations for omission for overload and fault protection were taken into account ?
  • emg lighting ....... As point 1, is this within the remit of your report ?
  • I would agree with C3 for no additional protection in this case.
  • What's non compliant or dangerous about a metal conduit as a CPC ?
  • Obviously further investigation needed.

Every coded observation you list should reference a regulation in BS7671.

• Asbestos in equipment ..... is this under the scope and remit of an EICR ? i do believe it is up to the duty holder, the person ordering the work to get this sorted. would it be worth noting down maybe as further investigation on the report?

• 2.5mm cable protected by 40A OCPD ...... what is the connected load ? Could it comply if the regulations for omission for overload and fault protection were taken into account ? its supplying a DB board which has over 6 circuits on it...

• emg lighting ....... As point 1, is this within the remit of your report ? youre right but worth a mention?
  • I would agree with C3 for no additional protection in this case.
  • What's non compliant or dangerous about a metal conduit as a CPC ? nothing just obviously you need to have good continuity readings? i was told that any socket outlets that are using the conduit as the cpc would still need to have earthing( cables) as protection?
  • Obviously further investigation needed.

so the circuit with 3 cables in it would not comply either and be a C2 code or FI?

Appendix 15:- An unfused spur should feed one single or one twin socket-outlet only........ An unfused spur may be connected to the origin of the circuit in the distribution board?

yes it is feeding 4 so does that mean that it would be a FI code?

Last edited by a moderator:
single socket having a ZS of 8ohms!? why would this be the case aswell... bad earth?

There is more than element to a loop test! Could also be a poor line connection or a combination of both. Also as already stated test at the terminals to eliminate contact resistance.

OP, please don't take this the wrong way, but should you really be doing Periodic Inspections?
Some of your queries are very simple - for example, possibly giving a Code to a conduit'ed accessory - really?
You should know all of the answers to your queries if you had the relevant experience, please, learn a bit more before you offer to do any more, as it is, you are coming across as very inexperienced, and it woudlnt look good if a Client started querying your assumptions.

But on the other hand there's no harm in seeking a little reassurance and guidance from fellow electricians, none of us know it all ! [With possibly one or two exceptions on here :innocent:]

Reply to Eicr codes help in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net