Discuss Eicr codes in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

If it’s the written exam in question my paper had a table of four faults and we had to fill in the blanks, one being a code and also a regulation number to back it up. I remember one in particular was quite obscure to find. The visual exam, aka the photo part, the photos were quite dated and not exactly 4K quality, and how the C&G had coded them, they were certainly more lenient. When is your exam, have you completed the practical part?

just to hijack the thread, apologies to anyone and everyone, had this today on a EICR.. 3 x 3 phase DBs along with 3 x 3 phase henley blocks mounted on a 4ft. x 4ft. ply board. board rotted away due to a leaking drain (since fixed). getting to the point where the equipment will be held up by the cables. all 3 boards have SWA cables (correctly glanded) along with a load of T/E. can't see any danger so giving it a C3 with the caveat that if it deteriorates any more it would escalate to a C2. your thoughts, gents.

just to hijack the thread, apologies to anyone and everyone, had this today on a EICR.. 3 x 3 phase DBs along with 3 x 3 phase henley blocks mounted on a 4ft. x 4ft. ply board. board rotted away due to a leaking drain (since fixed). getting to the point where the equipment will be held up by the cables. all 3 boards have SWA cables (correctly glanded) along with a load of T/E. can't see any danger so giving it a C3 with the caveat that if it deteriorates any more it would escalate to a C2. your thoughts, gents.
Picture??

soz pete. no pics. just imagine a sheet of 1/2" ply disintegrating.

I wouldn’t code it anything unless the DB’s are actually being held in place by the cables

If everything mounted was secure then there is no code in my opinion but I would maybe put something in the covering letter to say about the degradation of the wood in which the equipment is mounted to.

If everything mounted was secure then there is no code in my opinion but I would maybe put something in the covering letter to say about the degradation of the wood in which the equipment is mounted to.
exactly what i done. even if the board gets worse, the cables will hold the gear up without undue stress. gave it a C3.

it is secure at the moment, but any further deterioration of the ply board would leave the DB supported by the cables, some of which are SWA, correctly glanded and supported .

Reply to Eicr codes in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock