Discuss EICR Codes in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Doomed

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Your input please, normally I just make a list of faults and a bright young office thing types up the report and allocates the codes (I think i'm deemed too old and the bright young thing has a degree and the latest version of the test and inspect and a winning way with people and a higher salary then me - but I digress)
Young thing is on holiday, I have had to input my own data for once, but I admit i'm out of touch. What codings would you give:

undersizes tails
old rewirable fuse board
no rcd protection
6mm bonding
no fan isolator in bathroom with no window
bathroom fan 240V in zone 1
shower has had notch cut in case at top and the cable surface mounted (loose) fed straight in the top
spur for gas boiler taken from the immersion tank radial

I was leaning towards a C3 for all of these, your input please.

and on a different job I have SWA feeding a RCCB which feeds some H07 flex, the swa is protected by a 60947-2 with the disconnection time of 0.4 giving a maz reading of 0.19. The readings at the rccb are within tolarance, but at the end of the H07 are not. As the H07 is protected by the RCCB do I need to worry?

Undersize tails:
Code C2.
Old rewirable fuse board:
No code.
No rcd protection:
No code as per description.
(Lack of 30mA RCD protection for circuits of a location containing a bath or shower, code C3.
Lack of 30mA RCD protection for socket-outlets intended for general use by ordinary persons, Code C3.
Lack of 30mA RCD protection for cables concealled in walls in prescribed zones and without another acceptable method of additional protection, code C3.
Lack of 30mA RCD protection for socket-outlets either in a location containing a bath or shower, or used to supply mobile equipment outdoors, Code C2.
Lack of 30mA RCD protection for circuit supplying socket-outlets in a Horticultural/Aricultural installation, code C2.
Allways assuming that where above I have indicated a code C3, the installation as it stands complied with an earlier edition of the Regulations.)
6mm bonding:
No code if TT or TN-S, code C3 if TN-C-S.
No fan isolator in bathroom with no window:
No code.
Bathroom fan 240V in zone 1:
(Any voltage fan which does not have a minimum rating of IPX4, would be code C2, if it is rated at a minimum of IPX4, then it complies.)
Shower has had notch cut in case at top and the cable surface mounted (loose) fed straight in the top:
No code as per discription.
(Has the IP rating of the shower unit been compromised? If yes, Code C2, if no, no code.)

Spur for gas boiler taken from the immersion tank radial:
(What is the CPD rating, the CCC of the cable and the combined loads of the immersion tank and the boiler?
If the condition Ib < In < Iz is met then no code, if not then code C2.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to put my two-pennies worth in.... Bathroom fans do not need separate isolators, tho most of us fit them for convenience. They are recommended in building regs for rooms with no window, but not required.

My 3 pennies.

What size tails and what size service fuse?

The 6mm bonding what earthing arrangement ?

Its odd that 240v fans always seem to get a mention but electric showers never seem to get mentioned when codes are discussed IMO!

My 3 pennies.

Its odd that 240v fans always seem to get a mention but electric showers never seem to get mentioned when codes are discussed IMO!

16mm 100A 1361

TNCS

I mentioned a shower :)

My 3 pennies.

Thanks Doomed

What I was getting at is that when a 240 v fan is situated in zone 1 it has been asked in the past what code but the shower situated in the same zone is never questioned.

I was under he opinion that you were only asking what code due to the IP rating being compromised due to the cable entry not that it was 240 v in zone 1

Sorry for mis understanding the post !

Reply to EICR Codes in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net