Discuss EICR coding domestic in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new to this forum. I'm not quite sure about RCD protection for a domestic dwellings - No RCD protection on circuits where cables are not buried to 50mm - I'm of the opinion its a code 3 however some colleagues are saying its a code 2 ( I cant find clarification on this ) - Any ideas? I don't want to over egg a report but at the same time want to be sure I'm giving the right advise

Regs are not retrospective so can only be a 3
Whilst I would consider this particular issue to be a C3, it certainly isn't the case that something which was compliant at the time of installation cannot be given a more severe observation than that where it clearly poses a danger. (My favourite example being fused neutrals.)

C3 unless passing through or supplying special locations, sockets with potential for outdoor use etc.

Reply to EICR coding domestic in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Good Afternoon All Currently doing an EICR on common parts of a big site with multiple blocks. All blocks have outside garden spike lighting in...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I'm wondering if someone could help me with some EICR coding. I am aware that bringing mains tails into a fire rated consumer unit...
Replies
Views
Hi guys Completed an EICR yesterday. One of the Sockets Radials had no CPC so R1+R2 plus Zs could not be not be completed. Does anyone know the...
Replies
Views
Hello there. I've been looking around here and found some conflicting information. I have a question if I may ask. I had an electrician come over...
Replies
Views
Good day. First time poster. We recently had an electrician perform the EICR, as this is a newly purchased property I thought'd I would have the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock