Discuss EICR coding help in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Is the Napit EICR Codebreakers book any use?

Got a few problems that another spark disagrees with,
All on one board
Plastic board not in an escape route or below stairs C3
No busbar cover on board C3
Spur for Storage heater has crack on fuse holder C3
No cover on inside bulkhead light C3
No RCD on any circuits at fuse board garage sockets could potentially be fed for outside use C2

Any advice welcome, will try upload some pics

my opinion, in order.
no code
C2
C3
C2
C2

All on one board
Plastic board not in an escape route or below stairs C3 No code
No busbar cover on board C3 Agree/no code
Spur for Storage heater has crack on fuse holder C3 Agree
No cover on inside bulkhead light C3 C2/C3 depending on type of fitting/situation
No RCD on any circuits at fuse board garage sockets could potentially be fed for outside use C2 Agree

My thoughts in orange.

All on one board
Plastic board not in an escape route or below stairs C3
No busbar cover on board C3
Spur for Storage heater has crack on fuse holder C3
No cover on inside bulkhead light C3
No RCD on any circuits at fuse board garage sockets could potentially be fed for outside use C2

Agree with the codes you’ve done, apart from :

Plastic board on escape route no code unless it is the only means of escape And is not surrounded by a fire barrier C3

Also bulk head light cover unable to say unless I see it. If all live conductive parts are still covered with the cover off then C3, but it could be a C2.

Are these the codes you think or the codes other spark thinks.

Either way what was the difference of opinion.

Where can I get that please mate
Excellent training and reference documents supported by the IET, BSi and many industry bodies

Ok guys sorry have another TT system, no RCD protection at board for any circuit usual lights, sockets, heater, fan
Now would an upfront 100mA be ok I’m not sure of calculation
And would you need a 30mA even if sockets won’t be used for outside use obviously C2 if they are

My thoughts in orange.
my C2 for the no busbar cover considered an inquisitive child opening the CU with a screwdriver from his dad's toolbox, or DIY dad opening CU to see if there were any spare ways. potential danger in my opinion.

my C2 for the no busbar cover considered an inquisitive child opening the CU with a screwdriver from his dad's toolbox, or DIY dad opening CU to see if there were any spare ways. potential danger in my opinion.
Got to disagree with that. There is no regulation that supports that view. Live parts are contained behind a cover that is IP2X and that cover is only able to be opened with a tool or key. Fully compliant.
Even if the busbar cover was in place it would not offer IP2X protection from live parts when the cover is off in most CU designs.

Reply to EICR coding help in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock