Discuss EICR coding question in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Came across this on an EICR and was wondering how everyone else would code it. Basically there’s a sangamo time clock that controls a contactor which switches a 3 phase DB for storage heaters, strange set up in a flat. So you’ve basically got 6mm cables in this sangamo time clock that are protected by the supply authority fuse, would you code that a c2? Main fuse is 100a. Would be better if this was being supplied from an mcb I would say

An inline fuse would normally be fitted in cases like this. Similar to what you might find in the old Heatmiser off peak water heater system.

Came across this on an EICR and was wondering how everyone else would code it. Basically there’s a sangamo time clock that controls a contactor which switches a 3 phase DB for storage heaters, strange set up in a flat. So you’ve basically got 6mm cables in this sangamo time clock that are protected by the supply authority fuse, would you code that a c2? Main fuse is 100a. Would be better if this was being supplied from an mcb I would say
From your description it sounds like you are trying to code the DNO / electricity suppliers economy 7 time switch

Reply to EICR coding question in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I'm practising EICRs on friendly locations as I'm still in training - technically done my 2391-52 but frankly need loads more practise. I've just...
Replies
Views
Hi, Currently undertaking an EICR on a factory, we have came across an 4 core SWA and 4 Core SY which have been split in the DB to serve two...
Replies
Views
Hello guys n gals, Did n EICR other week in a flat where the shower circuit was 40A mcb with RCD protection, 6mm cable. Only about 10M run. The...
Replies
Views
I've a 3 phase storage heater currently wired to the main fuse box in an office I have. The heater has 2 supplies/isolators, 1 for charging at...
Replies
Views
Been round to a house to quote to replace some storage heaters for new panel heaters and came across a strange (to me at least) way of wiring the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock