Discuss EICR coding in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Testing on a commercial site which has an outdoor panel which feeds various car chargers and lighting, now upon opening the panel with a triangle key you have access to all switch gear now would you code anything for no secondary barrier? I opened another box and it had a plastic face plate?
Only asking as me and another lad have different views

problem is that everyman and his dog has a triangle key. a more secure keyand lock would be my answer, so that only authorised persons could gain access.

If you can see any plastic covers are missing, that the manufacturer would have fitted, then I would mark it as a C3, but if it was built without any could put it down as an FI, then you could look to see if you were able to install any, otherwise I would not mark it down, like others have said, if you need a key or tool to gain entrance, then it is not a fault.

If you can see any plastic covers are missing, that the manufacturer would have fitted, then I would mark it as a C3, but if it was built without any could put it down as an FI, then you could look to see if you were able to install any, otherwise I would not mark it down, like others have said, if you need a key or tool to gain entrance, then it is not a fault.
FI whilst you find out if it's a C3 or no code ? So unsatisfactory report whilst you investigate in which one of two ways it is satisfactory ?

C3 and FI don’t make it an unsatisfactory report, if that was the case, every install that was not installed under 18th edition would be unsatisfactory, you can put FI, and go away and look into it, just make a note, in the report, and put a covering letter with the report, when giving it to the customer,

C3 and FI don’t make it an unsatisfactory report, if that was the case, every install that was not installed under 18th edition would be unsatisfactory, you can put FI, and go away and look into it, just make a note, in the report, and put a covering letter with the report, when giving it to the customer,
A FI code will result in an unsatisfactory report.
You can’t give an FI code and deem it satisfactory

My NIC software with built in faults with codes lists old colour wiring as a FI......

That must be a bug in the software, there's obviously nothing to investigate when you can see clearly what colour the cables are.
[automerge]1572827908[/automerge]

FI does make it unsatisfactory, if something requires further investigation then it cannot be satisfactory.
If it was satisfactory then it wouldn't need to be investigated.

No, not every install which was carried out to a previous edition will have anything requiring further investigation.
[automerge]1572828049[/automerge]
problem is that everyman and his dog has a triangle key. a more secure keyand lock would be my answer, so that only authorised persons could gain access.

Screwdrivers are even more common than triangle keys yet screws are still acceptable to secure a cover over live parts.

What happened to the disagree button?

I had the same question about those little Russian dolls.

Reply to EICR coding in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net