Discuss EICR coding in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

martinh287

Hi guys

After advice doing EICR report on a welfare set up on a building site I am after advice on my coding

welfare set up is on a tn-s protected by 100ma main rcd tripping out at 42.3ms at x1 I have some covector heating circuits on a c16 mcb but zs is to high for the c16 what code would you guys code I coded c2

Also a light has been installed in a toilet area using a b6 mcb with 2.5mm swa the light switch is on the inside wall of the toilet room and 2m away from the sink, the light switch switch surface mount metal clad the same goes with the water heater fuse spur that is also metal clad and there is no 30ma additional protection on any of this circuits I put c3 for this

Last edited by a moderator:
no need for 30ma rcd protection all surface wiring in swa no bath or shower so no code at all its fine as for heater mcb is protected by 100ma rcd so would trip in an earth fault but does require replacing for B 16 so code 3

Cheers for the advice after having some downtime I'd realised the toilet light switch/ fused spur was ok but looking at it I just did not like it

So zs values higher then mcb max zs values are only code 3 if protected by 100ma rcd on a tn system

And zs values in relatation to mcb max zs values are irrelevant on a TT system as protected by rcd

Reply to EICR coding in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Good Afternoon All Currently doing an EICR on common parts of a big site with multiple blocks. All blocks have outside garden spike lighting in...
Replies
Views
Hi I am carrying out an EICR. I have a garage mini sub DB supplied via 2 x 2.5mm T&E equivalent 5.0mm protected at main DB by a 32A mcb. I know...
Replies
Views
Hi all Called to do an EICR on a property 4 studio flats / bedsits within a single house. The t&e sub main to each flat runs within the fabric of...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I had an inspection yesterday, where the lighting and sockets are in one circuit for each floor. There are 3A fused spurs for the...
Replies
Views
Hello guys n gals, Did n EICR other week in a flat where the shower circuit was 40A mcb with RCD protection, 6mm cable. Only about 10M run. The...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock