Discuss EICR for less than £100? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

buzzlightyear

-
Esteemed
Arms
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

I carry out a Test and inspection for 85.00...on the average house of takes me about 4 hours in site and about 1.5 hours writing up the very . I can only repeat that some of the prices quoted in this site are
all wells doing them for that price is it a 100% or 55 % of the testing taking of every switch & sockets knowing what lies behind them .

Aico 3000
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

snowhead

-
Mentor
I've got the feeling we've been down this kind of discussion before, but to restate my position, for which I was well and truly slated, I carry out a Test and inspection for 85.00...on the average house of takes me about 4 hours in site and about 1.5 hours writing up the very . I can only repeat that some of the prices quoted in this site are ,in my humble opinion, sky high and totally unachievable in most areas outside the stockbrokers belt .

I think you'll get slated again.

So £85 covers,
Time travelling to / from site.
Cost of buying / maintaining and fuelling a vehicle
Cost of buying / maintaining and calibrating an MFT and other test instruments and tools.
Cost of Liability insurance / cover for personal sickness / loss of earnings etc.
And more...

all wells doing them for that price is it a 100% or 55 %

I think you'll get slated again.

So £85 covers,
Time travelling to / from site.
Cost of buying / maintaining and fuelling a vehicle
Cost of buying / maintaining and calibrating an MFT and other test instruments and tools.
Cost of Liability insurance / cover for personal sickness / loss of earnings etc.
And more...
Yes it's all been said before but it's what people will pay in this neck of the woods...it's what s on offer so I take it.

Dartlec

Esteemed
Arms
Price probably is less the key factor than time taken - it's whether a useful or meaningful test has been carried out.

I imagine there could be people who do them for free for certain people as a charity case, but would take the time to do a proper report, while there might be people who charge £250 because the client expects that, and carry out no testing at all.

I don't see how it's possible to do an appropriate EICR in less than 2-3 hours in even perfect circumstances (unless it's a 4 fuse Wylex board with 1 socket per room perhaps).

Yes it's all been said before but it's what people will pay in this neck of the woods...it's what s on offer so I take it.

They'd pay more if professionals weren't so keen to sell their services at a very low price, in order to undercut each other.

If you're a landlord who is legally obligated to obtain such a report, you wont get one for £85 if the lowest offer from any local spark is £200, £300 or £500.

Zerax

-
DIY
They'd pay more if professionals weren't so keen to sell their services at a very low price, in order to undercut each other.

If you're a landlord who is legally obligated to obtain such a report, you wont get one for £85 if the lowest offer from any local spark is £200, £300 or £500.
IMHO... the issue is that there's no control over the quality of an EICR. If all EICRs were required by law to be of a certain standard and that standard was policed, then you wouldn't have the proliferation of cheap ones that we currently see.

Yes, you'll always have the guys that'll do them as a 'loss-leader'... but that's fine if they are of a high enough standard.

Had some guys leave,for loads of cash,doing Eicr,they needed to do 2 a day,& the remedials.
Criminal,how on earth are you gonna to do that.
One a day,certify,no problem.

Reply to EICR for less than £100? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net