Discuss EICR for property sale in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

Puggzy

Hi,
I work for a NICEIC registered company
and a friend has asked me to do an EICR for the sale of his house, , I can do all the testing myself and my boss will charge me x amount for the NICEIC certificates, but I was just wondering to save on costs can I just use blank forms and sign them off myself or does something like this need to go through a company?

many thanks

There's no requirement for insurance of any kind to produce an EICR (or EIC or MEIWC). However, you may decide that you would like to work under the cover provided by Professional Indemnity and/or Public Liability insurance.

Yep, absolutely anybody can carry out an EICR. Insurance is not mandatory unless you are doing it under the auspices of one of the schemes. If you decide to do it without insurance make sure you do thorough and complete testing, and document everything. If your boss is allowing you to use NIC forms then I would imagine the company insurance would cover any possible fallout that could occur with a new owner. If your boss is charging, say, ÂŁ40.00 I would snap their arm off if I were you. I know it's for a mate but it's also your head potentially on the chopping block!

Yep, absolutely anybody can carry out an EICR. Insurance is not mandatory unless you are doing it under the auspices of one of the schemes. If you decide to do it without insurance make sure you do thorough and complete testing, and document everything. If your boss is allowing you to use NIC forms then I would imagine the company insurance would cover any possible fallout that could occur with a new owner. If your boss is charging, say, ÂŁ40.00 I would snap their arm off if I were you. I know it's for a mate but it's also your head potentially on the chopping block!
Many thanks, if it was only ÂŁ40 I would bite his hand off but he charges a bit more than that, I know the property is in good condition and has had a lot of work done recently to a good standard. Think I'll put it back in the hands of the seller.

As long as you have the relevant insurances and are competent to do so then you can just use a model form.

http://electrical.------.org/wiring-regulations/forms/2015-amd3-forms.cfm?type=pdf

Lee, the above post has just got me out of the brown smelly stuff. Thanks, tell you later when I get back from the customers house.

hmm I wonder? Lol

In a nutshell:- Had to print off and hand over an EICR for tomorrow when the DNO turn up to give a new supply to a farm property. My printer broke, went to Staples 10 mins before closing, dongle has a corrupt file on it so they wont/cant download anything from it. In the shop now 5 mins before closing and desperate to get these certs in, thought about this thread and the post above!!!!!!!! Jumped online, asked the lovely lady behind the counter to print off your PDF, blank certs in hand, filled them out in the car using the rough written filled in certs from when the tests were carried out.

Your post saved my day Lee, and also about ÂŁ350 if the DNO had to come back again. Owe you a pint or two, cheers.

In a nutshell:- Had to print off and hand over an EICR for tomorrow when the DNO turn up to give a new supply to a farm property. My printer broke, went to Staples 10 mins before closing, dongle has a corrupt file on it so they wont/cant download anything from it. In the shop now 5 mins before closing and desperate to get these certs in, thought about this thread and the post above!!!!!!!! Jumped online, asked the lovely lady behind the counter to print off your PDF, blank certs in hand, filled them out in the car using the rough written filled in certs from when the tests were carried out.

Your post saved my day Lee, and also about ÂŁ350 if the DNO had to come back again. Owe you a pint or two, cheers.

haha, happy days.

Reply to EICR for property sale in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net