Discuss EICR help. in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi. I have an upcoming EICR on a 3P dis. board which is situated in quite a bad place...I would say there is no access to it 80% of the time, as there are pallets stacked in front of it. Would this constitute a C2 or C3?

Is it purley because there are pallets in front of it? If so then its not the Electrical instalation at fault is it? No code IMO. Or is there more to the story?

so bigbaddave... i guess your right but then again, it does get hit a fair bit. it is also up quite high - requires a ladder.
I would be inclined to agree with Edd.

Personally i wouldn't code it as bigbaddave said if it is self inflicted. However if there is an un moveable obstruction blocking access for testing and working purposes then a C3 observation would be appropriate.

Even simpler - Just mention to the person responsible for the pallets that you cannot test the dist board, and ask can they be moved, if not C2.

You'd have to mark it as requires further investigation, rather than apply a code.
To my mind, you shouldn't apply a code for something that you haven't inspected.
Both would lead to an unsatisfactory report.

Totally agree with spin...

You say it gets knocked though, i'd be checking if theres any damage to the 3p DB if i were you.

If it's just pallets then i'd probably advise the client that it needs to be accessible and leave it with them - if they want to keep the pallets there then they can. Maybe make a little note on your report. If it's constantly getting knocked though...thats **** poor, i'd probably record that as Unsatisfactory - as you can't tell whether a danger will arise, if its only pallets knocking it then probably not, if its anything heavier then it could damage the board.

Reply to EICR help. in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock