Discuss EICR in a church in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

D

dudleydoright

Well lads some advice if you please
Looked for Quoting to do an EICR in a church with the following items from a PIR done 14 months ago.

1) Lightning conductor box on PIR cert was ✓ N/A. (It has a lightning conductor) my question is does the lightning conductor require connection to the MET Terminal. If so what code for no bonding to MET.
2) The existing PIR cert is for a single consumers unit which only appears to supply the Church. There are further 3 consumer units all supplied from the same intake with a single metered supply.
Should the EICR not cover the whole building and not one part of it? The Other consumer units I, am told have separate PIR’s

The first PIR could just be for a section of the property for insurance purposes. Eg "public access areas only"

GN 8 should have something in it to explain about the lightening conductor bonding.

Looked for Quoting to do an EICR in a church with the following items from a PIR done 14 months ago.

1) Lightning conductor box on PIR cert was ✓ N/A. (It has a lightning conductor) my question is does the lightning conductor require connection to the MET Terminal. If so what code for no bonding to MET.
2) The existing PIR cert is for a single consumers unit which only appears to supply the Church. There are further 3 consumer units all supplied from the same intake with a single metered supply.
Should the EICR not cover the whole building and not one part of it? The Other consumer units I, am told have separate PIR’s

Yes, as to what UK code to apply, i'm sure others in the UK can help here!! lol!!

dont have any GN to refer to but at the church im working on , the lightning conductor terminates to an earth rod in a ground chamber , and from the rod , a 50mm pvc earth is ran back to the MET.
if this is missing i'd probably give a C2.

dont have any GN to refer to but at the church im working on , the lightning conductor terminates to an earth rod in a ground chamber , and from the rod , a 50mm pvc earth is ran back to the MET.
if this is missing i'd probably give a C2.

Only one down conductor on the Lightning protection system Biff, Or are you talking just about the one that has the bonding link??

Only one down conductor on the Lightning protection system Biff, Or are you talking just about the one that has the bonding link??

im not sure Eng , only had a brief poke around as its not part of my works.
there could well be a 2nd copper tape on the other side of the tower spire , but the MET is at the opposite side of the building so not so easy to confirm earth connection.

1) Lightning conductor box on PIR cert was ✓ N/A. (It has a lightning conductor) my question is does the lightning conductor require connection to the MET Terminal. If so what code for no bonding to MET. Yes, it must comply with BS7671:2008+A1:2011 411.3.1.2 and the main bonding conductor selected in accordance with BS EN 62305. I would Code it C2 on an EICR. It is also likely that the existing MET is to small to take the required main bonding conductor CSA, so BS7671:2008+A1:2011 542.4.1 is also contravened in that case.
2) The existing PIR cert is for a single consumers unit which only appears to supply the Church. There are further 3 consumer units all supplied from the same intake with a single metered supply. Probably supplying public areas only. It should really be stated in the limitations, as agreed with the client, insurance company and/or statutory authority.
Should the EICR not cover the whole building and not one part of it? The Other consumer units I, am told have separate PIR’s. One EICR for the whole building would be the best option as it covers everything in one document. However, the existing PIRs were probably done piecemeal on different dates and by different inspectors. Often parish churches are strapped for cash, particularly with dwindling congregations, and therefore have to phase their inspections over a period of time

Hi, welcome to the forum.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to EICR in a church in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock