Discuss EICR in HMO in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

ClarkeTheSpark

Evening all,

I'm doing an EICR next week in a HMO/emergency accommodation facility/drug den (don't all be jealous). My main query is regarding the showers as they are all 32A/45A rewirable fuses with no RCD. On a domestic property this would just be a C3 recommendation so I'm just wondering if anyone knows whether it should be any different as this building is probably classed as a commercial property? I highly doubt most residents even have a shower anyway.....

if you can't see an immediate or potential danger, then you have to code it as a C3 if there is supplementary bonding in the bath/shower rooms. if not, a C2 would be appropriate.

The less time I get to spend in there the better, fewer observations the better. But I suppose I should be professional really. Put it this way, I wont be taking the EasyCert iPad software in with me!

Under part 1 BS7671 HMO's fall under the scope, but reference may be needed to additional licensing requirements. These requirements vary from council to council. I would contact your local council HMO licensing dept (ask the landlord for a contact name) and see what they require regarding electrical compliance. These licensing bodies can enforce change on the landlords, and you need to be aware before you code anything. They may inform you that it must comply with current regs or not as the case maybe.

Cheers............Howard

Reply to EICR in HMO in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hey all, Ive been in and out of a huge house rewiring as the renovate it for a year of so. Every is thing done and dusted except the downstairs...
Replies
Views
Morning all So the site I'm based at recently had some work done (think partitioners). This package of work included electrical. This was...
Replies
Views
Hi all, we got an EICR report done before tenanting our previous home having become "accidental landlords". See attached. The report came back...
Replies
Views
I've tried to research and form a plan without asking on here, but I'm just going around in circles. Just completed an EICR. The wiring ranges...
Replies
Views
Hey all, Could do with some help. I had a company recommended to me who quoted me to do an EICR on my rental property. (£265). I thought this...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock