Discuss EICR in Village Hall in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

E

eckersecker

Doing an EICR on the village hall. Red phase supplies a board that has sockets, fans etc on it and is supplied via a 30mA RCd. Blue phase supplies a board that has mainly lights on it but one breaker to a steel water heater type tea urn in the kitchen area. This is wired in via flex to a rotary isolator on the wall.
Although technically not a socket outlet am I correct in assuming it is treated the same way and is a code 3 , "Absence of RCD for a socket outlet...." or do I up it to a code 2 because it involves the use of water is also near a sink and could be considered a potential danger.

notr a socket so RCD not required. no code IMO.

So if there was a single socket there it would need an RCD. But then someone nicked the kettle so you were asked to wire the kettle into a flex outlet FSU to make it more secure. So you swapped the socket front for FSU front it suddenly doesnt need an RCD?

If you have a socket then a variety of damaged equipment can be plugged into it and items can be taken outside, etc., therefore there is more risk involved in sockets than in a single fitted appliance.

Also, the fact that things plug in makes a socket much more likely to be used by "hand-held equipment" and the likelyhood that someone will be holding an appliance if and when a fault occurs is greatly increased.

Reply to EICR in Village Hall in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I'm practising EICRs on friendly locations as I'm still in training - technically done my 2391-52 but frankly need loads more practise. I've just...
Replies
Views
Hi all Called to do an EICR on a property 4 studio flats / bedsits within a single house. The t&e sub main to each flat runs within the fabric of...
Replies
Views
Morning all So the site I'm based at recently had some work done (think partitioners). This package of work included electrical. This was...
Replies
Views
Ive been asked to quote for remedial work for local village hall after another company flagged up some C2's along with C3's The C2's are...
Replies
Views
Been looking at a CU change in a small office and would appreciate comments on the following. Office is supplied from the mains intake in the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock