Discuss EICR Medical Centre in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

A

andyyoyo

I do a few small commercial PIR/EICRS including a dentist surgery & a day centre, but mostly just domestic. I have been asked to look into doing an EICR on a fair sized medical centre ( am guessing approx 10-12 rooms per floor, 2 story building) . Its a pretty new build & hopefully installation certs are available. The work will have to be carried out at weekends.
Any tips on pricing & procedures would be appreciated from you chaps as I have to go over & meet the manager soon to discuss it.

You need to know how many ccts there are, TP and SP, how many Dbs and the local layout, are the dbs marked up, then just price it up as you do for other EICR work. Its the volume of ccts and the type. I treat TP ccts as a single cct for pricing purposes.
I always start at the incoming, establish earthing and then proceed to dbs and sub dbs. Check for any equipment that is sensitive to IR, if in doubt use 250v setting, good luck. Theres loads more but you get the idea.

On commercial testing i usually price per circuit , reduces any unexpected surprises mid job.
Also , counting up all the final circuits , submains and DB's during your estimate / site visit allows you to assess the size and condition of the installation.
The actual amount per circuit is upto you , as a guidline say £10 per circuit , more if you have to work nites / sundays , less if there quick and easy radials.
Other methods are available though.

Depends on what types of medical rooms are available at this fair sized medical centre!! You may need to brush up on the new regulations for medical rooms in BS7671.

Forget getting much information from the manager, he will in all likelihood only be administration. Ask to speak to the area ''Hospital Engineer'' responsible for this medical centre. He will be able to fill you in, on all the requirements for this Medical Centre.

I'll let others advise on the pricing side of things... lol!!!

Thanks chaps, been to look at the building yesterday, fortunately they have the installation certs, so that will help, approx 55 cts in all with 3xdbs in the same location, but its a bit big for little old me on my own, roughly 10 rooms on both floors plus 10x w.c.s, boiler room, lift, etc,and all work has to be done at weekends. The manager didnt have a clue about whats involved, and there is no maintainence manager/engineer, so basically I would have to arrange everything.
What a fun little thing to price up, what else would I want to do this weekend?

Thanks chaps, been to look at the building yesterday, fortunately they have the installation certs, so that will help, approx 55 cts in all with 3xdbs in the same location, but its a bit big for little old me on my own, roughly 10 rooms on both floors plus 10x w.c.s, boiler room, lift, etc,and all work has to be done at weekends. The manager didnt have a clue about whats involved, and there is no maintainence manager/engineer, so basically I would have to arrange everything.
What a fun little thing to price up, what else would I want to do this weekend?

All NHS medical centres and the like will come under the re-mit of the local Hospital Engineer or an Area Engineering Manager!!

The manager seems to think they dont have an engineering manager or the likes, so I really dont know what to make of it. The building is leased directly to the practice, its not had any work or inspections done since it was newly built and handed over to them 8 years ago

Reply to EICR Medical Centre in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock