Discuss EICR pricing advice. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
I have been asked to do an EICR for a community centre, there are 9 consumer units throughout the building..just after a bit of advice on how you would go about pricing a job like this?

Depends how big the place is and how many circuits are on each board and as others have said how thorough you are testing........If it looks like a weeks work price accordingly.

I would tend to price it starting with a base of doing periodic inspections of nine houses and then assess any reduction you may be able to make from size of boards, ease of testing, limitations and extent, etc.

Nine consumer units seems a lot for a community centre but what you need to know is the amount of circuits. Most will charge per circuit or a fixed cost of say up to 15 circuits then a price for each additional circuit. Are you the only person putting in a price because if there is competition you maybe competing with the £5 to £10 brigade who offer the world but deliver Limitations.

Difficult to suggest a price without knowing how much experience you have of doing EICRs because this would be a factor. If you are in competition with others and you go in at £15+ per circuit you will not stand a chance but don't go for a competitive price if you are going to run a loss.

you need to spend an hour or so, looking at the 9 boards. are all circuits Identified? covers off, are they a rat's nest? once you've seen the state of it, discuss with client on how thorough an inspection they want. based on the above, then estimate time taken to test/inspect and write it all up, then give them a price.

Going in blind...nothing available..probably never been tested since install which I reckon was about 30 years ago.
I don't think I'd personally use sampling as an option. So looking like a full inspection and test required really.

I'd do as suggested by Tel, get the covers off the boards and see just what you're up against before submitting a quotation.

I think one thing I would need to know in pricing is how accessible are the DBs for testing. In the way that often there are things you cannot turn off or limited times as to when you can. With the fact that it may be 30 years old, and no test certs (can't imagined how they got away with that) I would be doing 50% sampling minimum increasing on the more faults/damage seen and take into account GN3 guidance on that. I normally work on £20-£30 per circuit. I also usually offer a discount on the EICR if the remedial work is done by me. In this way it is possible to offer a good discount as the remedial work can carry an uplift to reflect the reduction.

Reply to EICR pricing advice. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock