Discuss eicr question in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

sparky114

Hello, I am a new spark and even though I do not want to (and shouldnt do) eicr yet as I am not yet that competent, I am just really trying to expand my knowlege and be the best I can. My question is I have been reading the onsite guide on page 170 there is a list that one must inspect eg

Presense and condition of distributor's earthing arrangments (542.1. 2.1; 542.1.2.2)

LOL now what is with them numbers? I know its reference to chapters and guidance notes but from what book? Please dont say osg because il feel really stupid lol

those numbers refer to the appropriate regulations in BS7671, commonly called BGB or now BYB. i hope you have a copy.

do you not have your 17th Edition Qualification!

I see you have done Level 2 ... you do need your 17th edition 2382-15 City and Guilds codings
a Course basically to show you how to read the book, what the numbers ref to
the books is about £70-80 (need a hologram in it, lot of fake versions! with miss prints so IET say)
your book should be YELLOW BS7671:2008 (2015) or 3rd Admendment

Just looking under Napit, they seem to ask for a Level 3 Electrical Course. Plus 17th Edition.
<note im not the best person to read all these documents>

I'm on my phone here (so having hard time looking up the year) but the 2365 started in 2011

So did 2365 level 2 and then a degree 4yr brings you to20152015

LOL now what is with them numbers? I know its reference to chapters and guidance notes but from what book? Please dont say osg because il feel really stupid lol

Page 170 of the OSG has no reference to any Regs numbers that you would find in the BIG YELLOW BOOK, AKA BS7671!

Please explain yourself and your question whilst walking on thin ice!!!!

Hello, I am a new spark and even though I do not want to (and shouldnt do) eicr yet as I am not yet that competent, I am just really trying to expand my knowlege and be the best I can. My question is I have been reading the onsite guide on page 170 there is a list that one must inspect eg

Presense and condition of distributor's earthing arrangments (542.1. 2.1; 542.1.2.2)

I'm going to close this thread, the question doesn't make sense. Feel free to make a new thread when you've got you ducks in a row.

Reply to eicr question in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock