Discuss EICR report refused for C2 condition of earthing. How to rectify if i even ned to. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

paulwalldall

Hi. Niece had an inspection prior to letting out her house and recieved a number of C2 decisions on earthing. such as "earth cable to TN-S not large enough." Wants to change to 16mm. no bonding to inlet services at all. (fair enough on this one). Question is , Ive only qualified after 3yr course at college (i,m 45 yrs old) got 2394 , inspection testing, got multitester and tools. If i do the changes so it "complies with current regs" would i have to be registered with local authority or niceic or can the chap come back , re-test and tick the boxes. Quick answer appreciated as going out very soon.

Re: EICR report refused for C2 condition of earthing. How to rectify if i even ned to

nothing to stop you doing the remedials, then do her a EICR with no C2's, or complete a EIC for the remedials and reference to the existing EICR.

Re: EICR report refused for C2 condition of earthing. How to rectify if i even ned to

hoping to see that. good idea to ref old eicr. thanks

Why is the 16mm earthing conductor required?
Has the Inspector done an adiabatic to confirm that 16mm is required?
Have a read of 543.1.4, do a PFC and PEFC, then work it out, and I'd bet a 16mm earthing conductor will not be necessary.

You will need to put in some bonding for gas/water/other services.

don't be messing about with the clamp for the main earth, if it does turn out that it needs replacing then phone the dno and they'll upgrade it.

I can almost guarantee that the main earth doesn't need upgrading. The only way this would be so is if the OP had either an extremely high PFC or an extremely low PFC. Neither case is likely.

Any chance of a pic I bet its from the MET to the CU that he has given the code 2 and post 4 has answered that issue.

Out of interest did he refer to any regulation and on the Condition Report Inspection Schedule which item number did he highlight and put C2 against ?

I'm concerned about the title of the thread, how exactly was the report refused for a C2?

I can almost guarantee that the main earth doesn't need upgrading. The only way this would be so is if the OP had either an extremely high PFC or an extremely low PFC. Neither case is likely.

PEFC

Boydy

he's only miffed because he wasn't included in HHD's hall of fame.

must have missed that, laffing so much, my bad.

Thanks for replies. having seen the house today as i live 60 miles away. i can confirm the earth requiring upgrading is indeed from the incoming supply to earth terminal in cu box. it looks only 6mm at the mo so will do sums to see if acceptable but not sure of breaker types or ze from here. as for bonding to gas/water, checked where supplies are and gas is out front of house and water in the back in kitchen cupboard, cu in dead center of house under stairs. just curious but can i bond to gas pipe as it enters rear of house near to water supply as its a lot easier.(sounds a bit lazy). its only feed is into kitchen then rear of house for boiler.

The info you need should all be contained in the EICR to work out the adiabatic !

if the gas pipe is external and enters the house at the rear, you bond at the rear, ideally within 2 ft. of the point of entry. if close to water stop tap, then a single cable can be utilised.

thanks but just had a flashback to looking at gas box out front and thinking how short the pipe was before it entered the house 'at the front.' Guess ill be looking at least disruptive route to both front and back of house then, new tiles downstairs, new carpets upstairs though.

front for gas. back for water.. regarding refused for C2, was refused for a C1, boken light fitting but all C2 and C3 were presented as work to be done on summary from agents to my niece. seems plenty of drilling in order to finish bonding.

Any C2 defects will result in an 'unsatisfactory' report.
C3's are advisory, and not dangerous/potentially dangerous, so on one report you could have 100+ C3 advisories and be 'satisfactory', but on another report, one C2, which would make be 'unsatisfactory'.

Reply to EICR report refused for C2 condition of earthing. How to rectify if i even ned to. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net