Discuss EICR report took 3 months to be sent to me... in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Why disagree @Risteard, any incorrect or incomplete clause or reference in an EICR would constitute an incorrectly filed out form, look at this from the consumer/customer side not that of the electrician.

Why disagree @Risteard, any incorrect or incomplete clause or reference in an EICR would constitute an incorrectly filed out form, look at this from the consumer/customer side not that of the electrician.
I/We not being crossed out is tenuous at best. In fact most software won't give you the option. In fact the foreslash essentially means "or", so it's not grammatically incorrect for it not to be crossed out. It would be wholly unreasonable grounds for withholding payment.

IMO if the software will not allow the option to be used then the software is defective, if the I/We option is not important why is it there, it's the same as not completing any line in the report.

IMO if the software will not allow the option to be used then the software is defective, if the I/We option is not important why is it there, it's the same as not completing any line in the report.
Where an either/or option exists on the model forms (for example kVA/amps, or SATISFACTORY/UNSATISFACTORY), it is followed with 'delete as appropriate'.

I/we isn't intended as such an option, as it isn't followed by 'delete as appropriate'. As @Risteard points out, totally unreasonable to withhold payment for that reason.

Really worried now……honestly!
Hundreds of our Certs from the last twenty years incorrectly completed?
NICEIC at fault too, for allowing a member to desecrate their certificates, are they?
Agree with the disagree.

Last edited:
Blimey Mike.
It took you almost a year to ask why risteard disagreed! 😂
I wonder how it all ended for @Shamus

I feel cheated when there isn't a proper ending to a thread. I.e knowing the outcome. So I shall embellish as I doubt we'll ever see shamus again..
Shamus decided to make a part payment towards the EICR. He withheld a small portion towards the cost of the remedial work. He explained why he had done this in a politely, yet assertively written email to the company in question.
They fully understood and applauded his reasoning. They all lived happily ever after.

Phew, I can relax now.

Blimey Mike.
It took you almost a year to ask why risteard disagreed! 😂
I wonder how it all ended for @Shamus
In his defence I linked to this thread from another thread so the "disagree" was recent as opposed to dating back to when the thread was at its prime. I stand by "I/We" not being intended to be crossed out though. As pointed out by @Pretty Mouth there is no instruction to "delete as appropriate" for it.

In his defence I linked to this thread from another thread so the "disagree" was recent as opposed to dating back to when the thread was at its prime. I stand by "I/We" not being intended to be crossed out though. As pointed out by @Pretty Mouth there is no instruction to "delete as appropriate" for it.
Thought the 'X' might have been recent.....made sense.

Reply to EICR report took 3 months to be sent to me... in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock