Discuss eicr tick sheet in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

If you are having problems with the tick sheet why are you undertaking an EICR?

Sorry to sound so scathing, but that's the easy part.

Sign up for the course which replaces C&G 2391-10 (I don't know the new number!) as a starting point!

did the course about 3 months ago but the tick sheet at our work place is about 50 boxes,the other day i put a not verified on a fire isulation box because i couldnt see all of the outlets and was told to tick it i asked why and the qc said because im told you too..... ive been testing for 27 years and had no problem with the pir its just the wording i want claified. cheers

I would print off the tick box schedules and have a read of them.

Each item comes with a regulation number in brackets which you can look at which will jog your memory as to what is required!

When you first start to use the form it can be a little confusing but it will get easier IMO !

More info at the beginning would have been nice, you could have been on about alot of things and if the Qc wishes to change or alter any of the sheets without telling you why then tell him to sign his name on it instead. If the tick you are asked to put is incorrect do a copy before you show him and keep it on file that way hand him the sign off sheet and if anything ever comes back at you you can review the original and not a doct' copy

did the course about 3 months ago but the tick sheet at our work place is about 50 boxes,the other day i put a not verified on a fire isulation box because i couldnt see all of the outlets and was told to tick it i asked why and the qc said because im told you too..... ive been testing for 27 years and had no problem with the pir its just the wording i want claified. cheers

You wouldn't want to hear my reply to someone who told me just to tick something on their say so, sounds like a right jumped up twit that needs a good tick tick tick BOOOOOOM on the nose!

If you want some good books, then the NICEIC do 2 that i can highly recommend. Inspection, Testing and Certification inc Periodic Reporting 6th edition, and Domestic Periodic Inspection, Testing and Reporting 2nd edition. They were on special offer a bit ago, and you could get both for about £30. I use these as additional reference material when i deliver the 2394 and 2395 courses. They go in depth into completing the EICR forms.

Cheers.............Howard

Reply to eicr tick sheet in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock