Discuss EICR today Mains smoke detectors interlinked in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Paignton pete

-
Esteemed
Arms
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

If it’s tested out fine. It’s safe for continued use. No code.
possible an observation only, but bs7671 doesn’t care if there interlinked or not. It doesn’t care if the smokes don’t work. It’s the hard wiring and safety your ascertaining.

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
If it’s tested out fine. It’s safe for continued use. No code.
possible an observation only, but bs7671 doesn’t care if there interlinked or not. It doesn’t care if the smokes don’t work. It’s the hard wiring and safety your ascertaining.
But does bs7671 have anything to say about a circuit running through several properties (regardless of what equipment it is supplying)? I think that is the original question rather than whether or not the smokes were interlinked and working.

Mike Johnson

-
Esteemed
Arms
Seems strange that except for the requirement of notice's of alternative supplies and where to isolate them, I can't find anything that would mean it was against regulations, your challenge for the rest of the week-end is to prove or diss-prove this, off you go, my OH has just opened a bottle of red.🥳

thanks all for response, have already put on the ecir F/I and alternate supply to cover myself on the 4 flats already done, update further if I do come across the supply at moment loop impedance taken from each smokeand noted on each cert. thanks again

Reply to EICR today Mains smoke detectors interlinked in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.