Discuss Eicr in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

B

bks

Hello friends,
i have been doing EICR for caravan sometimes now. On 16A or 32A hookup box with 30maRCD protection mostly found 1ohms or more Zs at hookup and more inside the van. When you put the results in schedule of test sheet which will not comply with maximum Zs value table from regs book. If you compare with amendment 3 now it gonna be even worst. When you get Zs value at hookup box 1 ohm or more on TNS earthing system ,inside the van your ring main Zs reading won't comply if you compare with regs Maximum Zs value table 1.1 ohms amendment 3 or 1.15ohms before amendment @ 80%. I have giving satisfactory EICR if I find low Cpc continuity and high insulation resistance of all circuits and in reference with 1667 ohms maximum Zs allow if you have 30ma RCD protection. I just want your opinion guys please.

Last edited by a moderator:
If your Ze at origin and the length of supply cable are consistent with the readings you are getting then this is compliant, not ideal by any manner of means, but it does comply with the regulatory requirements.
If the Ze and cable length do not combine to give this level of reading then there is something wrong and further investigation should be undertaken.

What type of caravan park is it? ie residential, static, touring. Generally as mentioned above TT is the norm. However the distribution system can be a TN system, but then the caravan is made TT. Is there an earth rod by each van?

What type of caravan park is it? ie residential, static, touring. Generally as mentioned above TT is the norm. However the distribution system can be a TN system, but then the caravan is made TT. Is there an earth rod by each van?

No, TNS is perfect acceptable, it is only TNCS supplies which cannot be used

Reply to Eicr in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock