Discuss Eicr in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

Apm

Hi

I am in the process of doing a EICR on a small industrial unit and have hit a problem. There is no emergency lighting in place and no fire alarm system. It is a small warehouse with offices and although this is going to be listed in a letter with a few other things would you leave this off the EICR?

Not sure if they have to have these fitted legally or if it would just be best practice. Will of course recommend and ask them to check there risk assessments etc..

Thanks
APM

i would possibly mention in the comments box that emerg lighting would be beneficial.
i would make no comment at all on the absence of a fire alarm.

whether they have them fitted at all depends on insurance / operating licence requirements and is outside the scope of your inspection.

Reply to Eicr in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I'm about to start first fixing this fire alarm in the industrial unit we are wiring, at the moment its totally empty and eventually will have a...
Replies
Views
Hello All So the scenario is; turn up to an EICR in a house, everything is good apart from seeing the smoke alarm on the ceiling with the head...
Replies
Views
Next door neighbour .Single mother 2 young kids . Been there 6-7 years .landlady is super reluctant to ever communicate no matter what the issue ...
Replies
Views
Hey all, Could do with some help. I had a company recommended to me who quoted me to do an EICR on my rental property. (£265). I thought this...
Replies
Views
The purpose of this thread is two-fold: to let you folks see an EICR from someone who's too lazy (or busy) to even bother forging his test...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock