Discuss Eicr in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

SensesFailYou

Hi guys just been to carry out an EICR on a TT system. Small flat and I came across the following: my question is is the cat codes valid I think. Now I have not done the cert yet and I'm between jobs so quickly wrote this so don't bite my head off for not using the correct terminology or using the correct sections within the cert!

Unable to locate stopcock to confirm earth connection C2
Ip rating under consumer unit C2
Hole in patress box C3
Inner cores of T+E visible outside enclosure c3
Unsupported cables C3
Ring main - earth continuity high 6.06 ohms C3? Or C2 my end to end readings for E and L were 0.55

cheers guys appreciated as ever!

Hi guys just been to carry out an EICR on a TT system. Small flat and I came across the following: my question is is the cat codes valid I think. Now I have not done the cert yet and I'm between jobs so quickly wrote this so don't bite my head off for not using the correct terminology or using the correct sections within the cert!

Unable to locate stopcock to confirm earth connection C2 Did you test to exposed pipework ?
Ip rating under consumer unit C2 What size is the hole ?
Hole in patress box C3 What size is the hole ?
Inner cores of T+E visible outside enclosure c3 Nope..C2
Unsupported cables C3 yep
Ring main - earth continuity high 6.06 ohms C3? Or C2 my end to end readings for E and L were 0.55 What was the measured Zs for this circuit ?

My thoughts

Unable to locate stopcock to confirm earth connection C2, further investigation required C3, next code dependent on the resistance measurement to earth from pipework.
Ip rating under consumer unit C2, if access to live parts with a finger (12mm) is possible then C1 if not then no code, possibly C3 if it is broken
Hole in patress box C3, if access to live parts with a finger (12mm) is possible then C1, if access to live parts with a 150mm 1mm diam rod is possible from the top then C1, if not then no code, C3 if broken.
Inner cores of T+E visible outside enclosure c3, C2
Unsupported cables C3, Yep, unless there are signs of damage exposing the cores
Ring main - earth continuity high 6.06 ohms C3? Or C2 my end to end readings for N? and L were 0.55, C2, further investigation required
no isolator for a fan C3? Probably, I suppose, but I may think no code as this is not required by BS7671.
and no visible isolator for hob extractor? No code so long as it can be switched off at the CU
Thoughts also

The measured Zs for the circuit was 11.5 ohms for the sockets with the high earth continuity. As for the stopcock I didn't do thereading on the pipe so may be a C2/further investigation? From the looks of things the earth goes from the CU to the gas with a crimp then from the gas also crimped somewhere else which I can only presume goes to water but can't be sure. Really that should be continous though not cut?

C2 for the failed Zs then. No further investigation required... you have identified the fault exists. Further investigation to this would be part of rectification.

If you can confirm the pipework is bonded through testing then just C3 for accessibility to bonding connections, obviously C2 if not bonded.

No requirement in regs to have a continuous bonding conductor although I think it is mentioned as a recommendation in one of the guidance notes.... so C3 at the most or no code.

Is having a stopcock a requirement of the electrical regulations?
What is the IP rating at the bottom of the CU?
What should it be?
You state that the installation is TT, as such it will have a high Zs reading.
Usually an RCD is used for overcurrent protection in such cases.

Reply to Eicr in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net