Discuss elec guide to the building regs which part minimum requirements for socket outlets??? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

Guest112

hi guys bit of a quick numpty one, bought myself a copy of the above mentioned book, ive read on here in the past that there should be recommendations for minimum ammounts of socket outlets in kitchens and bedrooms, but i cant for the life of me find it lol ive got the ring binder copy same size as OSG anyone on here familiar with this book?

Thanks

Re: elec guide to the building regs which part minimum requirements for socket outlet

cant find it in there at the moment but have this in one of the documents i have.

socketoutlets.jpg

Re: elec guide to the building regs which part minimum requirements for socket outlet

as far as i know its not in the EGTTBR but it is in the red onsite guide towards the back.

look in the index at the back for "number of socket outlets"

SparkyDips original post is close but its been updated.See page 178 of the the new green on site guide, if you dont have a copy p.m me and I'll e-mail you the table.

cheers guys havent got the new green one yet but should be getting my copy monday thanks

Extract from green OSG
H7 Number of socket-outlets
Sufficient socket-outlets are required to be installed so that all equipment likely to be used can be supplied from a reasonably accessible socket-outlet, taking account of the length of flexible cable normally fitted to portable appliances and luminaires. Table H7 provides guidance on the number of socket-outlets that are likely to meet this requirement.
In Scotland, mandatory standard 4.6 requires that every building must be designed and constructed in such a way that electric lighting points and socket-outlets are provided to ensure the health, safety and convenience of occupants and visitors. The Building Standards Division of the Scottish Government make recommendations for the number of socket-outlets that should be installed in a domestic premises in section 4.6.4 of the domestic technical handbook as follows:
4 kitchen – 6 (at least 3 above worktop height)
4 other habitable rooms – 4
4 plus at least 4 more throughout the property including at least one per circulation area per storey.
The socket-outlets may be either single or double.
Table H7 Minimum number of twin socket-outlets to be provided in homes
Room type
Smaller roomsMedium roomsLarger rooms
(up to 12 m2)(12–25 m2)(more than 25 m2)
Main living room(note 4)468
Dining room345
Single bedroom(note 3)234
Double bedroom(note 3)345
Bedsitting room(note 6)456
Study456
Utility room345
Kitchen (note 1)6810
Garage (note 2)234
Conservatory345
Hallway123
Loft123
Location containing a bath or showernote 5

SparkyDips original post is close but its been updated.See page 178 of the the new green on site guide, if you dont have a copy p.m me and I'll e-mail you the table.

DOH!!! they need to hurry up and deliver my books!! lol cheers.

Reply to elec guide to the building regs which part minimum requirements for socket outlets??? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net