Discuss elecsa assessment completed in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

J

jools p

Just passed my Elecsa assessment on Friday. For what it's worth I'll tell you how it went

You need to have all your paper work sorted.

He gave me a hypothetical question about a shower upgrade to an existing cable working out all the factors.
Questions on maximum resistance on different types of supply.

You need to know your regs and how to use the OSG properly.

I gave him a consumer unit change in my own house to look at. He had a serious look at it. Asked lots of questions and asked me to test ZE and the RCD.

Told me I had 2 non conformities The meter tails were 16 when they should of been 25 cause of the 100amp fuse(despite the fact that the tails on the other side of the meter are 16 anyway) and that was no bonding on the incoming pipe from the bottled gas and they are connected to the pipe with a rubber hose. I thought it was a little harsh.

There very tight on earthing....

I've got to show photo evidence that I've sorted them before they will let me register jobs through them.

He then went to another job we'd done where he wanted to look inside a few socket outlets with more questions. Two and a half hours in all. He spent quite a long time writing in between saying that he would be assessed as well.

Then he headed off saying he would see me in 12 months and me and my mate went down the Pub, cheers!

Well done jools!

Get those non conformities sorted asap!

Once you have done that, they are fairly quick to send out all your info etc.

Well done jools & byron
Check to see if the fuse is actually 100A
I have found on some installations using 16mm tails, although the fuse carrier is labelled 100A externally,on further inspection the fuses have been either 60A or 80A.
Of course only do this if seal missing.yeah OK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wonder if any of you have come across this as many times as I have.

Regards

ray

Last edited by a moderator:
All the time the supply company are not bothered with what the enclosure of the fuse says anything that fit the fuse is sure to be use regardless of what is inside. if you can't open to see the fuse yourself just state on the test sheet as Limited

Hi jools,
Good to know about the bottled gas needing bonding,I thought it was only for mains gas.The cu change I will be using is the same so saved me a bit of hassle.Regards,sparkdog.

Nice one fella! I've just got my part P & 17th edition regs looking to get with ELECSA ASAP. I've got a CCU to change, New earthing, bonding etc.. been on the phone most of this morning to my local building control (once I finally got through to someone who knew what I was actually talking about) I was taken aback that they now charge a minimum of £186.45+VAT for notifiable electrical work :eek:, what I'm wondering is :rolleyes: you state you need to have all your paper work in order I've hard copies of "Approved Document Part P, Current edition of BS7671 (IEE Wiring Regulations), the IEE Onsite guide and the Memorandum of Guidance on the Electricity at Work regulations." also have my insurance in place and electrical work certificates ready, does he ask for the building control certificate as I could really do without having to fork out the extra £200'ish :confused: maybe I could notify the work once with ELECSA? Cheers Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
well done jools. I have my assessment next month, i am a little worried/nervous. would love to hear any more on questions, regs etc. enjoy the pub.
:21:

well done jools. I have my assessment next month, i am a little worried/nervous. would love to hear any more on questions, regs etc. enjoy the pub.
:21:

The OP may not respond as he hasn't logged on for over 2 & half years. There are many other more recent threads with lots of scheme assessment info in them on the forums.

Have a good look round.

Reply to elecsa assessment completed in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock