ELECSA Certification Scheme Elecsa assessment CU change

Discuss Elecsa assessment CU change in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

johntom

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi
i am going to be doing my elecsa assessment soon and plan to change the cu in a relative's bungalow to a wylex dual rcd board (4 + 4 ways protected and 2 ways unprotected)

What is the best practise re splitting the circuits (for integrity of supply) and should the lights be protected (thought i read somewhere that they shouldn't be, but i don't know why as the cables will be in walls, depth and mechanical protection unknown)?

Also is it neccessary to fit smoke alarms when upgrading (these would ideally be unprotected)?

Lastly is the assessor likley to ask about connecting the tails to the cu, ie working live or pulling the main fuse and resealing (which i know is naughty)?
any help is appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
K

kung

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You must be logged in to see the message.

L

lister

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sparkdog

-
Arms

Reply to Elecsa assessment CU change in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Top Bottom