Discuss Elecsa assessment no3 in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi all just thought I would share my last few days may help cheer someone up and give them a giggle

On the 22nd Dec driving the mrs and our little god daughter around doing last minute xmas shopping before I returned home to prepare for my annual assessment on the 23rd at 1.30pm.
We had jsut finished been to Asda and sainsburys, mad traffic everywhere started to set of for home pressed the clutch pedal in and LARGE CLUNK pedal fully stuck in no gear selection available

Hazards on traffic coming at me from all angles, Car full of xmas shopping and panacking mrs who is disabled by the way mainly because of the little one in the back

I mangaed to get it in 2nd gear start up and your off until I had to stop again then stall lol every light on red couldnt get another car in front of me if you tried it was a constant effort to dodge traffic and somehow keep going at one point turned corner to leave by pass and stall no power steering or brakes nice back in neutral to roll rest of way round corner
what a nightmare lol eventually got home then started to think how I was going to get to the job with the assessor in the morning a friend offered his car
then my mate who picks my cars for me and services etc offered me one of his
I had text my assessor in the meantime to tell him of my predicament he responded with a text of no problems I will take you to the job and take you back home
This I was truly grateful for and the assesssment went ok no problems 3rd year I have had this assessor and from first meeting him found him a great guy who offers good advice on matters other than the assessment including business advice
I couldnt believe he would go out his way like this and I am someone who wouldnt dream of asking this

My mate got the car sorted as 2 clutch centres said january and ÂŁ300+
he got onto the one his boss uses and got me a cheaper price turned out the clutch had't gone what had happened was the clutch Arm had seized over time causing excess pressure on the pedal box which is fixed to the bulkhead causing it to break away probably the metal was flexing somert like that as I aint a mechanic lol
anyway they picked it up yesterday 30 mins before me ELECSA assessment at 1pm and kept calling me to tell me where they were upto and what the problem was they had to source a second hand pedal box? and free up the arm he said the clutch was good they replaced and rewelded the part and job was a good one
My mate fixes my car usually bit as he was off work it would have meant him stripping it down in the rain

I had a feeling somert was going to happen as the clutch seemed to need pressing down more and felt rougher if you know what I mean was hoping to get xmas over and some better weather for me mate to get it sorted

It all turned out ok in the end lol even if my back pocket is ÂŁ240 lighter but the car was back by 6pm and I was able to pick the pre ordered turkey up today

Hope thats cheered a few of you up knowing I have worse luck than you lot
but on a brighter note there still are some good people left who help when help is needed
and even though the schemes take a large slice of cake they aint all that bad lol

Merry Christams to one and all

Yes Went good considering think he is used to me now and didnt ask as many questions as first 2 years no problems well he didnt tell me any if there was lol

No Not much mate just been doing bits and bats as I also have to care for the mrs
Its been mainly for frends and relatives long story I need more work to make a proper go of it and more business knowledge as I am lacking knowledge and experience in that area lol

Hows things been for you over last year

hopefully things are starting to pick up and will be better next year I have to juggle it around the Mrs really as well as not messing us up financially in the process
should have used some of the money i spent on the elecy courses ( especially the expensive quicker courses) on a business course lol

Yes Went good considering think he is used to me now and didnt ask as many questions as first 2 years no problems well he didnt tell me any if there was lol

No Not much mate just been doing bits and bats as I also have to care for the mrs
Its been mainly for frends and relatives long story I need more work to make a proper go of it and more business knowledge as I am lacking knowledge and experience in that area lol

Hows things been for you over last year

hopefully things are starting to pick up and will be better next year I have to juggle it around the Mrs really as well as not messing us up financially in the process
should have used some of the money i spent on the elecy courses ( especially the expensive quicker courses) on a business course lol
not bad....not too bad at all....this next year will be the one....that`l be more where i wants to be...

went NIC approved contractor...which bets me into the local authorities...

other stuff as well...just building up...but nearly there now...like you says Carl..it takes time....

Thats the only thing with Elecsa it says Approved contractor but its DI really as thats what it says on the register they have come up with as well as being lesser Known, where the NICs approved contractor status gets you more work in the areas you describe and they are more well known

what does it cost for your scheme think with elecsa the equivalent is joining the ECA which is another expense I cant stretch to I am juggling trying to get going and leaving benefits such as carers/ housing benefit etc and caring as well as trying to go Self employed with No help from Joke shop etc for advice or out so I am limited to what I can do and take on so work for family and friends is mainly to keep my hand in and use for assessments and is the free kind which doesnt pay for courses, JIB, ELECSA assessments , books, tools, calibration, testers, PLI etc etc etc as you know the list is long especially as its costing us and not a business

should have learned mechanical engineering lol then I could have fixed me own car for free

the assessor was sound even had time to give some business advice and how to try to build it up using some subby work, work for builders etc as well as trying to get more of my own jobs Put it this way mate It has got to work soon or I will just have to try to get a full time job for someone

Thats the only thing with Elecsa it says Approved contractor but its DI really as thats what it says on the register they have come up with as well as being lesser Known, where the NICs approved contractor status gets you more work in the areas you describe and they are more well known

what does it cost for your scheme think with elecsa the equivalent is joining the ECA which is another expense I cant stretch to I am juggling trying to get going and leaving benefits such as carers/ housing benefit etc and caring as well as trying to go Self employed with No help from Joke shop etc for advice or out so I am limited to what I can do and take on so work for family and friends is mainly to keep my hand in and use for assessments and is the free kind which doesnt pay for courses, JIB, ELECSA assessments , books, tools, calibration, testers, PLI etc etc etc as you know the list is long especially as its costing us and not a business

should have learned mechanical engineering lol then I could have fixed me own car for free

the assessor was sound even had time to give some business advice and how to try to build it up using some subby work, work for builders etc as well as trying to get more of my own jobs Put it this way mate It has got to work soon or I will just have to try to get a full time job for someone
its the initial getting in Carl......thats the costs killer.....

its like ÂŁ300 or so for the assessments....then ÂŁ470 on top for the years registration....

after the first year initial assessments its just the same costs as elecsa, NIC domestic installer, Napit is for a year....but its the local authorities Carl....
they just wont entertain DI...

the initial assessments with NIC for their AC scheme consists of looking at your paperwork...you know insurance, callibration and whathaveyou...

then its the site visits...a minimum of 5 is what they need to see....
this can be a mixture....so you could have say 2 domestic....2 commercial and a condition report...

or you could go 1 commercial, 2 domestic and 2 condition report

or perhaps 2 domestic, 1 commercial and 2 condition report...

Reply to Elecsa assessment no3 in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock