ELECSA Certification Scheme elecsa assessment thursday! :-/

Discuss elecsa assessment thursday! :-/ in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

N

nicksmith86

hi, i have my elecsa assessment on thursday with john wormald. ive worked in the nuclear industry for 10 years, now i have decided to set up on my own.has anybody had any experience with john? what kind of questions does he ask etc!
cheers

i had him last year for for my assessment, seemed a decent guy, just general questions on tncs, tns tt systems, bathroom zones etc all basic stuff really, was more thorough on the testing, as long as you are ok on the testing side you will be ok, he will check your recorded results on your eic against the test results you get while testing, hope this helps

And you'll still pass with flying colours!!

If 17 day Whizz kids and Electrical Trainee can pass, i'm sure you'll have no trouble at all!! So long as your cheque meets muster, ...you're in!! lol!!

Had mine on the 10th not as scary as you think as long as you have all your paperwork in place and know your stuff all good
I was questioned on bonding, depth of chases, what tests we carry out and why, disconnection times of mcb's nothing you should not know on my install had to demonstrate safe isolation inspected a socket and light switch a Zs and RCD test
I passes with an A and no observations as I am sure most of us on here did
I did have a different inspector to you but ply him with tea and let him use the loo and all will go well

Good luck for thursday
B

Had mine on the 10th not as scary as you think as long as you have all your paperwork in place and know your stuff all good
I was questioned on bonding, depth of chases, what tests we carry out and why, disconnection times of mcb's nothing you should not know on my install had to demonstrate safe isolation inspected a socket and light switch a Zs and RCD test
I passes with an A and no observations as I am sure most of us on here did
I did have a different inspector to you but ply him with tea and let him use the loo and all will go well

Good luck for thursday
B

Excellent advise
Don't overly worry about the brand of tea bag,any reputable brand such as Tetleys or P G tips will see you OK
(having said that,I know of no one who has failed after using Asda cheapies)
The bisuit choice is more of an individual selection,the general consensus is chocolate wholemeal,but this needs verifying at the outset

Not much more advise I can give,perhaps make sure there are no issues with the payment you made,so good luck
By the way,the part of the assessment to do with electrical competence is not usually very relevant so don't let that be of concern
Sooner than you think the other scams will be coveting your membership and offering you a transfer,just humour them for now by suggesting contact at the next annual fee get-together

Reply to elecsa assessment thursday! :-/ in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net