Discuss Elecsa assessment tomorrow afternoon! in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I have my Elecsa assessment tomorrow afternoon and I really don't know what to expect in terms of how the actual assessors are? I'm really nervous about the whole thing to be honest and want to get it over and done with lol. Any tips that you can recommend?

Cheers

Toby :)

No need to be nervous at all, the assessors are really chilled out and friendly.

They'll just ask you a few questions on the regs, and get you to do a few tests on the install that you'll be showing them. It's really straight forward, being nervous makes it worse so just relax and you'll be fine :)

When it's over and done with (about 3hours) you'll be wondering what all the fuss was about.

Dont worry mate they are sound and will put you at ease make him a brew and offer some biscuits lol
while your doing that he will check your paperwork, insurance, calbration and required books are in order
then it will be a informal chat on the regs and building regs basicaly testing you knowledge
once thats done you will go to the selected job give him a guided tour explaining what you have done
he will then get you to carry out some testing make sure you perform safe iso first
he will record the readings you have against the readings he has taken from you copy of the schedule of test results for the job and then he will hopefuly congratulate you on your design and give you an A
if he does pick anything up such as a non conformance then he will give you a B tell you waht it is and ask you take rectify and take pics of before and after rectifying and send to them
not sure on this as I have not had one yet lol just As which means jobs a good un

i was nervous like you believe me mate they arent there to trip ypu up jsut test your knowledge
and workmanship basically

god luck sure you will be fine

Hi
Passed my Elecsa Part P assessment this morning took 2 hours got asked,
what percentage of energy efficient lighting had to be used on a rewire.
what TNCS & TNS stand for & explain their set up.
what was a Ze.
heights of sockets on a new build.
were to put holes in joists
what needs RCD protection.
disconnection times for a TN system.
then pick any circuit and perform a schedule of test results for said circuit.

went well the bloke was very reassuring.

Toby, The assessors are fine, they are down to earth and just expect you to know your stuff. Testing, a bit of theory etc, but above all, they just want to see you can do it safely so brush up on your safe isolation etc and the order of testing. They will want to see a few certificates and will look at the results you have obtained.

The site visit, they will probably want you to demonstrate simple stuff like testing RFC's and obtaining bonding resistances etc.

As long as you have everything in place that are stipulated on your check list - ie insurance, kit in date for calibration, Risk assessment plan in place etc.

Put it this way, if you come on here tomorrow night and say you have failed, you will be the first........ ( No pressure).....

Top Tip. Re-read the introduction letter and make SURE you have everything they list on the check list. Then double check the EIC for your "job" and make sure its complete.

Top Tip. Re-read the introduction letter and make SURE you have everything they list on the check list. Then double check the EIC for your "job" and make sure its complete.

Thanks mate, I did spend a lot of time today studying the letter and checklists, double checking my insurances, cal certs, eics etc.

Good Luck.

If I was you I would take my mind off it now and concentrate on something else, otherwise you may start getting stressed about it.

I have my first assessment start of next week and now feel confident of passing it. If you know your beans and/or know where to find the answer then am sure all will be good.

From what I can gather a lot of the time in assessments are spent by the assessor checking documents, certs etc and ticking their boxes..As with much in life nowadays every one covers their own back first!

Know your tester and how to use it and safe isolation....they dont want a dead contractor!!

Good Luck.

If I was you I would take my mind off it now and concentrate on something else, otherwise you may start getting stressed about it.

I have my first assessment start of next week and now feel confident of passing it. If you know your beans and/or know where to find the answer then am sure all will be good.

From what I can gather a lot of the time in assessments are spent by the assessor checking documents, certs etc and ticking their boxes..As with much in life nowadays every one covers their own back first!

Know your tester and how to use it and safe isolation....they dont want a dead contractor!!

Thanks mate, yes I am trying to atm. I do know my tester very well, as they are the same model as the ones we've been using at college for the past 3 years which does help massively! I hope your assessment goes well buddy :)

Hi everyone
I have my Elecsa assessment tomorrow afternoon and I really don't know what to expect in terms of how the actual assessors are? I'm really nervous about the whole thing to be honest and want to get it over and done with lol. Any tips that you can recommend?

Cheers

Toby :)
they will just ask some questions that even a turnip could answer.....
its all designed for you to pass....there`l be stuff like where to drill joists....and safe zones for cables....
as for the testing they will probably want to see you do a Ze....and maybe test an RCD....hardly taxin is it...lol...
then it`l be tea n biscuits...

Assuming you know which end to hold a screwdriver and dont do something daft like electrocute the assessor you cant fail. I`ve done 7 Elecsa assessments and the only hard thing is writing the cheque every year. My dog could pass it.

Reply to Elecsa assessment tomorrow afternoon! in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net